Ensuring Each Facility's Aesthetic and Success
From maintaining the aesthetic appearance of our grounds to driving environmental services at our facilities to managing product inventory and distribution, our facilities services and materials management team members are vital to the daily upkeep of our medical centers and business facilities.
Assistant Manager Supply ChainLocation: Sacramento, CA Additional Locations:
Job Number: 790252 Date posted: 05/13/2019
- Within assigned functional areas, assists in the development and implementation of assest management strategy which is supportive of financial goals, capital planning efforts and, in collaboration with Facilities Services and EH&S, the Safe Medical Device Act.
- Assists with building and supervising a medical center distribution network, that allows for minimal inventory requirements and high inventory turnover to minimize obsolescence or expiration as well as high service levels; ensures re-order min/max levels are updated, maintained and adhered to.
- Provides supevision and direction to the functional area supply chain personnel, which may include hiring, terminating, reward and recognition, performance reviews, development plans, and corrective action as needed for represented and non-represented personne.
- Implements sourcing/contracting opportunities for service improvements and/or product/practice standardization opportunities to local, regional and national sorucing teams.
- Ensures compliance with all pertinent state and federal regulations.
- Able to perform staff/personnel performance audits, ensuring cleanliness of storage facilities, validate proper product rotation, accurate inventory levels, etc. Maintain survey readiness at all times.
- Kaiser Permanente conducts compensation reviews of positions on a routine basis. At any time, Kaiser Permanente reserves the right to reevaluate and change job descriptions, or to change such positions from salaried to hourly pay status. Such changes are generally implemented only after notice is given to affected employees.
- Minimum three (3) years of supervisory experience, including managing/leading union represented staff, non-union non-exempt and exempt employees.
- Minimum three (3) years experience in supply chain and/or operations experience which may include purchasing, inventory management, distribution, and procurement.
- Bachelor's degree in business administration, finance, operations research, engineering, supply chain,economics, o related field; OR four (4) years of experience in a directly related field.
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) required.
License, Certification, Registration
- Demonstrated understanding of supply chain management.
- Proficient in a variety of software applications with the ability to develop complex spreadsheets and write business communications.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
- Minimum two (2) years process improvement experience utilizing Lean Six Sigma methodologies or similar.
- Minimum two (2) years project management and/or consulting level experience.
- Minimum two (2) years experience with federal, state, and local regulations including Title 22, The Joint Commission, CMS or similar regulatory agencies.
- Minimum three (3) years working in a retail, manufacturing, or health care environment preferred.
- Experience in team building and conflict resolution.
- Experience working in a union environment preferred.
- Professional certification such as Certified Logistics Management (CLM) or Certified Production and Inventory Management (CPIM) preferred.
- Current Six Sigma certificaiton preferred.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, haivng experience communicating across diverse populations and employee levels.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
About Facilities Services & Materials Management Careers
Facilities Services & Materials Management Careers
Handling the administration of all activities concerned with the ordering, storage, and movement of materials — as well as assessing, maintaining, and improving the upkeep and appearance of our facilities — as a member of this team you'll help everything look and run its best inside and outside our 600+ locations. Working in building management, maintenance, sourcing, purchasing, environmental services, and more, you'll play a vital role in ensuring the success of our organization.
See What People are Saying About Working at KP
Sep 16, 2018
"Great place to spend a work day"
- Positive Outlook
- Approves of CEO
I have been working at Kaiser Permanente full-time (More than a year)
Friendly professional people who share insights and work together for improvements and success. Excellent pay and good employee recognition programs.Full Review
Come introduce yourself to a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to meeting you in person.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs.