The Front Line of Patient Care
Our nurse professionals embody what it means to provide the best patient interactions possible. They also advance the art and science of nursing in a patient-centered, healing environment.
Certified Nurse Midwife -SacramentoLocation: Sacramento, CA Additional Locations:
Job Number: 774207 Date posted: 02/13/2019
- Antepartum Evaluates patient's general and obstetrical health status Determines pregnancy status, duration of gestation, presentation, and position of fetus, fetal heart rate, and determines whether all statistics are within normal limits.
- Obtains an accurate medical, obstetrical, gynecological and social history and an account of the course of the present pregnancy.
- Observes signs of the member's general and obstetrical health status.
- Performs all appropriate physical examinations appropriate to CNM care needed, including the Pap smear, breast examination, and pelvic examination.
- Records all findings of examinations, histories and significant observations on patient's chart.
- Consults with appropriate MD regarding any abnormal findings.
- Orders appropriate lab and medical imaging studies as needed.
- Institutes preventative measures and detects abnormal conditions.
- Obtains consultation and assistance from ancillary services as needed.
- Teaches, counsels, and guides individual members regarding their individual health care.
- Teaches antepartum classes as needed in individual facilities.
- Evaluates maternal general health status and wellbeing.
- Intrapartum Performs medical screening exam to diagnose labor.
- Independently manages the care of low risk women during labor and delivery, under the supervision of a physician.
- Co-manages higher risk patients when determined appropriate by CNM and MD.
- Performs facility specific standardized procedures.
- Evaluates patient for appropriate pain management.
- Includes requesting epidural for women in labor.
- Postpartum Provides health supervision, care, teaches family planning, and prescribes contraception to women during the postpartum period.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
License, Certification, Registration
- Current and valid California R.N. license, California Nurse Midwife certificate, A.C.N.M. certification and BLS certification required.
- Current and valid DEA registration number specific to our practice at Kaiser to be obtained within one (1) year of hire at midwife's
- Must have a Nat'l Provider Identifier (NPI), or obtain an NPI, prior to employment start date.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
- Three (3) years of experience as a C.N.M. with in the last three (3) years preferred.
- Current and valid California Nurse-Midwife furnishing certification (including any needed education in pharmacy) and didactic
education and supervised clinical experience in third trimester limited obstetric ultrasound preferred OR to be obtained at midwife's
expense within one year of hire.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
About Nursing & Physician Assistant Careers
Through professional practice and leadership, nurses at Kaiser Permanente continually advance the art and science of nursing. But we recognize that what we do is more than clinical practice. We believe that every interaction — whether it is with a patient, a colleague, a physician, or anyone else — has the potential to be extraordinary. And we find that approaching our daily routine with this in mind gives each and every action new meaning and allows us to focus on the moment, empowering us to deliver expert care.
No matter where you are in your nursing career, the size and scope of our organization means you have the resources, technology, tools, and support you need to make a lasting impact.
Physician Assistant Careers
Physician assistants play a powerful and important role in delivering high-quality, informative care. Working directly with patients, their families, colleagues, and supervising physicians, they are vital in defining the overall care experience.
Being a physician assistant at Kaiser Permanente is centered on promoting a healing environment — one that maintains a caring, comforting practice while honoring the unity of the whole patient: mind, body, and spirit.
See What People are Saying About Working at KP
Come introduce yourself to a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to meeting you in person.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs.