Celebrating Inner Strength
With a wealth of resources and encouragement at your disposal, you can focus on helping your patients sustain their journey to better health.
ChaplainLocation: Sacramento, CA Additional Locations:
Job Number: 859033 Date posted: 01/13/2020
To provide spiritual support and counseling to hospital patients, families and staff in a culturally competent manner. The chaplain is a member of the interdisciplinary patient care team. This individual participates in patient care planning and documents all pertinent interventions in the patient care record.
- Provides spiritual support and counseling to patients, family members/significant others, and staff. Interacts daily with staff and interdisciplinary team members to formulate and evaluate patient care needs.
- Provides documentation in the patient care record. Serves on Medical Center Committees as required by hospital policies and procedures or as requested.
- Assures accreditation compliance of the chaplaincy service.
- Conducts in-service training for staff in regard to providing spiritual support. Conducts services for patients, as requested.
- Participates in appropriate professional associations for personal and professional growth.
- May coordinate, supervise and evaluate lay volunteers, chaplain interns and the ecumenical interfaith chaplaincy program. May serve as a liaison between the Medical Center, local congregations and religious institutions. May form a steering committee of local clergy to support the Chaplaincy program.
- Kaiser Permanente conducts compensation reviews of positions on a routine basis. At any time, Kaiser Permanente reserves the right to reevaluate and change job descriptions, or to change such positions from salaried to hourly pay status. Such changes are generally implemented only after notice is given to affected employees.
- Graduate theogical degree (or equivalent graduate degree) from an accredited institution.
- Four (4) units of Clinical Pastoral Education (CPE) completed.
License, Certification, Registration
- Ordained or endorsed for health care chaplaincy by a recognized religious/spiritual body.
- Demonstrate ability to minister with persons of diverse cultural and religious backgrounds.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership Environment..
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
About Behavioral Health, Social Services & Spiritual Care Careers
Behavioral Health, Social Services & Spiritual Care Careers
Backed by a committed interdisciplinary team of health care professionals, you'll provide high-quality treatment for patients with behavioral health and/or bio-psychological concerns, including those in psychological crisis.
With the strength of our network at your fingertips, you'll be sure your patients receive prompt, appropriate referrals across our organization with no barriers to the continuity of care. Opportunities and specialty settings range from substance abuse to social work and autism to eating disorders.
- Alcohol and Substance Abuse Counselors
- Case Managers
- Clinical Psychologists
- Clinical Social Workers
- Health Educators
- Marriage and Family Therapists
- Medical Social Workers
- Psychiatric Social Workers
- Addiction Medicine/Chemical Dependency
- Chronic Pain Management
- Eating Disorders
- Employee Assistance
- Help Line/Psychiatric Call Center
- Home Health
- Medical Social Work
- Palliative Care
- Psychiatric Emergency Team (PET)
- Psychiatry (Adult, Adolescent & Child)
See What People are Saying About Working at KP
Come introduce yourself to a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to meeting you in person.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs.