Deliver Expert Advice
Alongside physicians, clinicians, and patients, you'll work as a respected and vital member of our care delivery team. Providing information and recommending treatment programs that support our proactive philosophy, you'll approach health from a holistic perspective that includes alternative therapies and lifestyle changes in addition to the latest medications.
Clinical Operations ManagerLocation: Sacramento, CA Additional Locations:
Job Number: 821191 Date posted: 09/09/2019
- Assists in the development and implementation of CA Division Pharmacy strategies in the clinical management of pharmaceuticals. Assist in the planning, development and implementation of Ambulatory Care Pharmacy Services, Drug Education and Drug Use Management, and Oncology services/programs for an entire Service Area or assigned area within a Service Area (including Outside Networks). Develops and implements pharmaceutical care programs to enhance quality, improve member service and enhance cost effectiveness. Provides leadership and direction to staff including hiring, evaluating and coaching. Develops a team of professionals who plan and implement goals and objectives. Administers all departmental policies and procedures. Provides leadership in the development and implementation of capital and operating budgets. Ensures that Am Care and Drug Education activities integrate with Service Area and CA Division Pharmacy Services Business Plan. Accountable for fiscal outcomes. Management of Oncology Services may include oversight of licensed Oncology pharmacies (may include Outpatient, Inpatient, Sterile Compounding and The Joint
Commission accredited locations). Assist in the planning, development and implementation of Population Care Management Services in collaboration with Medical Group leadership.
- Coordinate the Pharmacy Residency Program for the Service Area and the student clerkship programs for the Ambulatory Care Services and DEC Program if offered as student rotations. Responsible for development and management oversight of programs and personnel to manage drug utilization and costs (e.g., CMOP, DUAT) and meet Regional goals. Liaison to the Medical Group leadership on drug utilization and drug use management and Population Care Management Programs involving Ambulatory Care Pharmacists and Medication Therapy Management programs under Medicare Part D. Involvement in Population Care Management programs planning at Regional level. Works in collaboration with providers, department heads, Drug Education Coordinators and the Pharmacy Management Team to implement quality management programs. Accountable for quality, service and fiscal outcomes. Responsible for pharmaceutical care activities including drug education, pharmacist's clinical role expansion, patient care, performance measurements, employee development, competency assessment, standards of practice, multidisciplinary team development, quality and cost outcomes.
- Within an entire Service Area or assigned area(s) within a Service Area, responsible for compliance with Federal and State laws, regulations, standards, The Joint Commission, OSHA, Divisional &Departmental policies and procedures. Prepares and/or approves the bi-weekly payroll, and monitors personnel utilization in accordance with the operating budget or workload requirements. Responsible for personnel management activities. May coordinate Ambulatory Care and Drug Education programs/services within a Service Area or for an assigned area(s) within a Service Area.
- Residency in Clinical Pharmacy OR two (2) years of equivalent clinical experience required.
- Minimum three (3) years of experience providing functional / clinical direction in an in- or out-patient pharmacy required.
- Pharm. D. OR BS in pharmacy plus two (2) years of relevant experience required.
License, Certification, Registration
- Licensure as a pharmacist in California.
- Must have a National Provider Identifier (NPI), or obtain an NPI, prior to employment start date.
- Demonstrated self-initiative, innovation and the ability to collaborate with others.
- Leads and manages professionals and others through influence and collaboration in single and/or multiple pharmaceutical care programs and sites.
- Skilled in verbal and written communication.
- Knowledgeable of all facets of In- and Out- Patient Pharmacy operations, including clinical, professional, legal, business and public relations.
- Provides leadership and work as a member of a professional team.
- Travels within the Service Area, region and state.
- Works in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
- Minimum three (3) years of management experience in an ambulatory pharmacy preferred.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
About Pharmacy Careers
Whether you're a resident, technician, or specialist, you'll find a wide array of clinical services in our progressive practice environment. In addition to outpatient, inpatient/hospital, and ambulatory care/clinical opportunities, we maintain specialized pharmacy services, automated refill pharmacies, regional call centers, drug information services, and pharmacy analytical services. In fact, our mail-order pharmacy was ranked highest in customer satisfaction by a J.D. Power U.S. Pharmacy Study.
Our pharmacists also have access to a wealth of information and integrated technologies, meaning you have the information you need at your fingertips, enabling you to make the right decisions, expedite patient care, and actively participate in your patients' health.
See What People are Saying About Working at KP
Apr 17, 2019
"I love my job"
- Positive Outlook
I have been working at Kaiser Permanente part-time for more than 2 years
I’ve waited to get in to Kaiser for so long and now that I’m in, I’d never let go. I love people that i work with (although just like any other jobs, it has it’s highs and lows), i love my patients, pay is great and benefits are awesome!! Definitely 1 of the highest paying hospitals in the region.Full Review
Come introduce yourself to a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to meeting you in person.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs.