Support Starts With You
The backbone of our care team, you will greatly impact the work of our clinicians and physicians as well as improve our patients' experiences.
Co-Director Clinical Operations - Mental Health and WellnessLocation: Sacramento, CA Additional Locations:
Job Number: 694317 Date posted: 04/26/2018
Manages the business planning, financial management, budget planning, personnel administration, daily operations, quality, and utilization management of large ancillary and/or clinical departments. Through appropriately-licensed managers and/or supervisors, oversees outpatient and/or short stay diagnostic and/or therapeutic services/programs for a multi-unit department comprised of clinical and non-clinical staff.
- Through appropriately-licensed managers and/or supervisors, oversees the technical, clinical, and operational aspects of the Imaging, Lab, Rehab, or other approved departments providing ambulatory patient care. Ensures technical and support staff provide the highest quality of care and are in compliance with regulatory bodies and federal, state, and local requirements. Develops, implements, and monitors departmental policies and procedures that support the organization's goals and business objectives. Develops, negotiates, and monitors budgets and resource allocations.
- Monitors financial performance and identifies and implements strategies to reduce costs, control utilization, and improve quality of care/service. Oversees the development and maintenance of clinical practice standards, staffing, payroll, budgets, fiscal management, service, and quality improvement activities. Establishes and maintains an effective collaborative working relationship with the medical center staff toward identification and resolution of problems/issues and improvement in delivery of services Manages departmental human resources. Develops processes to screen, interview, hire, train, and maintain the competency of the staff. Ensures on-going staff development.
- Kaiser Permanente conducts compensation reviews of positions on a routine basis. At any time, Kaiser Permanente reserves the right to reevaluate and change job descriptions, or to change such positions from salaried to hourly pay status. Such changes are generally implemented only after notice is given to affected employees.
- Minimum seven (7) years of experience managing a multi-disciplinary staff of professionals, technical and non-exempt employees in progressively more responsible roles.
- Master's degree in business administration, public health, health care administration, or related field required.
License, Certification, Registration
- Experience in program development.
- Demonstrated ability to manage a wide variety of management issues/projects conducting financial, business and budget planning.
- Some positions may require relevant experience in healthcare environment.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
- Experience in Performance improvement extremely helpful
- Prior Experience managing complex Healthcare Operations or Behavioral Health Departments
About Clinical Support Careers
Clinical Support Careers
Supporting members and patients as vital members of our care delivery team, our patient care services professionals include our medical assistants, sterile processing technicians, surgical technicians, nursing assistants, and so much more.
There is a deep breadth of clinical support career options that allow medical professionals to deliver quality health care to our patients. These roles are critical, instrumental, and unique, with a variety of career settings (inpatient, outpatient, home care) and departments. Opportunities to develop oneself, grow professionally, and transfer to new roles/locations make these roles especially rewarding.
Discover the KP Difference
Visionary. Rewarding. Essential. These words describe the powerful work we do. Looking for more reasons to join our proud team? We've got ten compelling reasons right here!
Communication is vital to what we do every day. We value those who enhance our team with essential bilingual skills — allowing us to provide quality, inclusive care to everyone in our communities.
See What People are Saying About Working at KP
Feb 2, 2018
- Positive Outlook
- Positive opinion of CEO
I worked at Kaiser Permanente full-time (More than 8 years)
Excellent benefits. Great calibre of employees, respectful workplace. Very forward thinking and fosters innovation.Full Review
Come introduce yourself to a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to meeting you in person.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs.