Deliver Expert Advice
Alongside physicians, clinicians, and patients, you'll work as a respected and vital member of our care delivery team. Providing information and recommending treatment programs that support our proactive philosophy, you'll approach health from a holistic perspective that includes alternative therapies and lifestyle changes in addition to the latest medications.
Drug Education CoordinatorLocation: Sacramento, CA Additional Locations:
Job Number: 798915 Date posted: 09/09/2019
- Works collaboratively with the P&T Chief and the medical staff to coordinate pharmaceutical education for providers and staff.
- Attends inpatient and outpatient P&T committee meetings.
- Assists in the development and implementation of identified CSA initiatives.
- Provides training, analytical support, and on-going performance feedback to providers and staff regarding those initiative outcomes.
- Analyzes prescribing practices for identified locations and/or the CSA to identify, develop, implement, and evaluate effective techniques to favorably influence such prescribing practices.
- Provides on-going communication to providers and staff regarding recent innovations in pharmaceutical practice, drug cost issues, clinical outcomes issues, etc., via presentations, newsletter information, formal utilization review and one-on-one conversations.
- May supervise staff pharmacists with responsibility for managing cost containment/conversion programs, to include annual evaluation of performance.
- Ensures that region-wide drug conversion and cost containment programs are implemented.
- Serves as a staff resource person/trainer for the pharmacist clinical role expansion.
- Assists CSA pharmacy management in on-going improvement of the delivery of pharmaceutical care to members.
- Kaiser Permanente conducts compensation reviews of positions on a routine basis. At any time, Kaiser Permanente reserves the right to reevaluate and change job descriptions, or to change such positions from salaried to hourly pay status. Such changes are generally implemented only after notice is given to affected employees.
- Minimum two (2) years of clinical experience in a pharmaceutical setting.
- Bachelor's degree in pharmacy OR Pharm. D required.
License, Certification, Registration
- Current Licensure as a pharmacist in California.
- Must have a National Provider Identifier (NPI), or obtain an NPI, prior to employment start date.
- Pharmaceutical and medical knowledge necessary to effectively discuss drug therapy issues with physicians and pharmacists required.
- Working knowledge of applicable state and federal pharmacy regulations.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills required.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with others.
- Demonstrated self-initiative and innovation.
- Outstanding analytical skills required.
- Travel within the Service Area, region and state.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
- Expertise in drug utilization review preferred.
- Pharm. D. preferred.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
About Pharmacy Careers
Whether you're a resident, technician, or specialist, you'll find a wide array of clinical services in our progressive practice environment. In addition to outpatient, inpatient/hospital, and ambulatory care/clinical opportunities, we maintain specialized pharmacy services, automated refill pharmacies, regional call centers, drug information services, and pharmacy analytical services. In fact, our mail-order pharmacy was ranked highest in customer satisfaction by a J.D. Power U.S. Pharmacy Study.
Our pharmacists also have access to a wealth of information and integrated technologies, meaning you have the information you need at your fingertips, enabling you to make the right decisions, expedite patient care, and actively participate in your patients' health.
See What People are Saying About Working at KP
Apr 17, 2019
"I love my job"
- Positive Outlook
I have been working at Kaiser Permanente part-time for more than 2 years
I’ve waited to get in to Kaiser for so long and now that I’m in, I’d never let go. I love people that i work with (although just like any other jobs, it has it’s highs and lows), i love my patients, pay is great and benefits are awesome!! Definitely 1 of the highest paying hospitals in the region.Full Review
Come introduce yourself to a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to meeting you in person.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs.