Health Education Instructor III **IBCLC Certification Required**
Navigating the Hiring Process
We're here to support you!
Having trouble with your account or have questions on the hiring process?
Please visit the FAQ page on our website for assistance.
Need help with your computer and browser settings?
Do you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability?
A reasonable accommodation is any modification or adjustment that enables you to fully participate in completing the following:
- Online Submissions
- Pre-Hire Assessments
- Interview Process
Please submit your accommodation request and an HR Representative will contact you.
Conducts specialized health education classes using moderately difficult or varied curriculum designed for the improvement of health of Kaiser members and non-members. May serve as content and resource expert in the development of class curriculum.
- Teaches and models self-management skills, concepts, resources and tools related to health, lifestyle change and behavior modification to class participants.
- Assists participants in developing specific behavioral goals.
- Provides individual instruction and counseling as needed.
- Assesses needs of class participants and modifies class content to meet those needs.
- Applies evidence-based education techniques in teaching methods.
- Sustains a high level of expertise and assures cutting edge knowledge in specific topic area.
- May coordinate health information projects such as program catalogs, newsletter, informational displays, community health events, etc.May support staff education training related to specific content area.
- May consult with physicians and staff regarding related health education services.
- May be called on to review, develop or recommend high quality, culturally appropriate, written and audio-visual health education materials to better meet class needs.
- Arranges and coordinates room set-up, availability of materials and audio/visual equipment.
- Maintains records of training activities including attendance rosters, homework assignments, class evaluations and timesheets or phone TIME system.
- Administers and collects class evaluation forms and class fees.
- Conducts follow-up phones calls to participants including those who missed sessions to determine reason for absence, monitor progress of participants and answer related questions.
- Completes required continuous training and education such as those related to workplace safety, legal and regulatory compliance, accreditation and licenser requirements and department specific requirements.
- Maintains and promotes knowledge and utilization of resources related to health, lifestyle change and behavior modification offered by Kaiser Permanente and through the community.
- Must have IBCLC certification.
- Minimum four (4) years of experience teaching classes or conducting training programs.
- Bachelors degree.
- IBCLC Certification
- Licensed or professional credentials or certification as appropriate for the course instruction preferred.
- Must possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to function independently and exercise professional judgment.
- Demonstrate skills in teaching techniques and presentation.
- Demonstrate ability to lead and facilitate diverse groups of people with understanding of group dynamics.
- Demonstrate knowledge of adult learning theory and group process.
- Current knowledge of health concepts, preventive health care and behavior change.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
- Masters degree in public health administration OR six (6) years of experience in a directly related field preferred.
Kaiser Permanente is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, parental status, ancestry, disability, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information, other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or any other protected status. Submit Interest