Communicating the Future of Care
Continually focused on advancement and improvement, our innovative sales and marketing professionals anticipate and respond to the ever-changing demands of our customers, members, regulators, and the marketplace.
Health Plan Sales Manager II, Large Group Account ManagementLocation: Sacramento, CA Additional Locations:
Job Number: 764712 Date posted: 01/12/2019
Responsible for the direction&continuous improvement of the Account Mgmt team, ensuring the achievement of financially sustainable membership growth, retention&revenue goals while providing the highest levels of customer satisfaction. Provide leadership, strategic direction&oversight of their respective market segment, including the development&execution of retention, marketing&growth strategies. This position also has responsibility for supporting the company's local presence&strategy by becoming involved w/ key organization, committees,&influences w/in the area of responsibility. Coach&develop the Account Mgmt team in developing&executing against defined metrics regarding account mgmt plans, in-group growth&retention,&monitoring of key business performance metrics to drive business results.
- Manages the efforts of direct&indirect reports,&collaborates w/, provides guidance to and influences employees, clients&matrix partners.
- Sets&prioritizes team objectives&contributes to individual dept's tactical execution of strategy.
- Plans&establishes a course of action for team or unit; establishes priorities to accomplish goals, allocate resources&track results.
- Responsible for selecting, developing,&deploying staff in the most effective manner to meet assigned objectives.
- Responsible for performance mgmt, compensation decisions, rewarding&recognizing employees,&providing on-going, regular performance feedback.
- Effectively leverages KP's Manager Coaching Program to support team development&excellence.
- Formulates moderately complex, effective strategies consistent w/ the business&competitive strategy of the organization&functional area. This may include analyses of competitive products&services, pricing support activities, advertising strategies, market size&potential, short&long term growth forecasts,&account mgmt&sales processes&techniques.
- Provides input, w/ regional&MSBD leaders, in the assessment, development&execution of business&market segment plans, including forecast&target setting activities.
- Anticipates business, marketplace&competitor dynamics&develop/implement strategies the ensure growth&mitigate adverse risks.
- Collaborates w/ Business Line Leaders across the Enterprise to measure&lower acquisition costs through the implementation of best practices&shared services.
- Responsible for leading efforts to maintain connectivity&resolve issues through regional infrastructures to focus on presenting One Kaiser to our customers.
- Implements strategies to improve regional performance, reduce regional variation,&aligns resources to successfully deliver on customer needs&expectations.
- Builds effective channel strategies&relationships, specifically w/ key consultants&brokers.
- Recommends changes in policies&procedures to achieve customer&KP goals.
- Collaborates on the development&execution of all strategic&tactical plans to achieve growth potential&optimal business partnership in each account.
- Develops&implements comprehensive account plans to meet the overall business objectives for membership, revenue&margin.
- Accountable for ensuring budget for dept/team stays allocated budget/costs targets.
- Assists in the development, population,&maintenance of program and/or region-wide relevant data and information, including competitive data,LOB financials,&ad hoc reporting.
- Ensures a high level of service is provided to group customers&their brokers, agents&advisors.
- Ensures&provides required documentation that account mgmt activities&staff are operating as 10 compliant per state&internal regulatory guidelines.
- Continuously improves tools, technology,&processes to optimize effectiveness.
- Minimum five (5) years of experience in sales, marketing, business development, or account management of which two (2) years must have been spent in a direct management capacity or two (2) years of demonstrated leadership experience.
- Minimum three (3) years of the above experience in the healthcare or insurance industry or sales related industry.
- Bachelor's degree in marketing, finance, business administration OR four (4) years of experience in sales, marketing, business development, and/or account management.
License, Certification, Registration
- Experience using effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience in strong interpersonal, public presentation, and persuasion skills.
- Possesses negotiation, consulting skills with facility to interact and influence senior leaders.
- Strong analytical ability, with ability to design, track, and work toward specific measurable performance targets for self and team.
- Demonstrated strategic thinking and planning skills.
- Demonstrated understanding of health care industry and local markets for managed health care products.
- Demonstrated proficiency to interpret and communicate laws and regulations related to health care.
- Demonstrated understanding of competitor's strengths, weaknesses and strategies.
- CA Accident and Health Insurance license required within 90 days of hire date.
- If National Accounts, all applicable state license(s) required within 90 days of hire date, as dictated by regional requirements.
- Proficiency in financial/underwriting concepts and a demonstrated ability to apply these concepts.
About Sales & Marketing
Careers In Sales & Marketing
Apply your sales, account management, marketing, and product development skills as a member of our high-performing team. Kaiser Permanente's unique stance as an insurance provider and care delivery organization provides the key differentiation that rests at the core of our offering. This, coupled with an unwavering commitment to health advocacy and total health, drives our marketing and sales strategies — and it's what will set your career apart from the rest.
See What People are Saying About Working at KP
Jan 24, 2018
- Positive Outlook
- Approves of CEO
I have been working at Kaiser Permanente full-time (More than 3 years)
The best benefits I've ever had, good pay, typically intelligent leaders. I'm proud of our CEO for speaking out against potential healthcare changes that would negatively impact Americans.Full Review
Come introduce yourself to a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to meeting you in person.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs.