Licensed Clinical Social Worker-$5,000. Sign-On
Navigating the Hiring Process
We're here to support you!
Having trouble with your account or have questions on the hiring process?
Please visit the FAQ page on our website for assistance.
Need help with your computer and browser settings?
Do you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability?
A reasonable accommodation is any modification or adjustment that enables you to fully participate in completing the following:
- Online Submissions
- Pre-Hire Assessments
- Interview Process
Please submit your accommodation request and an HR Representative will contact you.
This position will work in the Special Needs Plan department, which is a health plan for select Medicare & Medi-Cal
Provides mental health assessment, diagnosis, treatment and crisis intervention services for adult and/or child members who present themselves from psychiatric evaluation with a broad range of mental health needs. Collaborates with treating physician, psychiatric and allied health professional team to plan and direct each individual members treatment program.
Assesses, develops and coordinates a clinical treatment program for Health Plan members with acute or chronic psychiatric disorders.
• Consults with staff regarding diagnosis, strengths and deficits of member, as needed or appropriate.
• Provides outpatient psychotherapy to individuals and groups.
• Charts member’s treatments and progress in accordance with state regulations and department procedures.
• Instructs and counsels members regarding compliance with prescribed therapeutic regimens.
• Interprets psychiatric treatment to member’s family and helps to reduce fear and other attitudes obstructing acceptance of psychiatric care and continuation of treatment if asked to do so by member.
• Makes referrals to case manager, as appropriate, and/or refers member’s family to community support services and resources. Utilizes resources of public and private agencies and community organizations to meet the needs of members.
• Collaborates with physicians in screening and evaluating members for psychotropic medications.
• May supervise PSW Assistants and PSW Interns, if supervision course has been completed.
• Works on-call evenings, weekends & holidays, assuming primary responsibility for emergency psychiatric care and acting as consultant to emergency department physicians and staff.
• Reports safety concerns to mandated reporting agencies.
• Develops, implements, coordinates, and evaluates clinical treatment programs for the diagnosis, treatment, and/or referral of Health Plan members with acute or chronic mental illness. Participates in staff conferences to select, plan, and evaluate treatment programs. Provides outpatient psychotherapy to individuals, couples, families and groups. Instructs and counsels patients and their families regarding compliance with prescribed therapeutic regimens and adherence to prescribed medication regimens, within the scope of practice. May administer specialized therapeutic procedures, as appropriate. Provides appropriate support to members family. May develop and conducts psychoeducational classes and groups.
• Prepares intake summaries, treatment plans, and case summaries and maintains ongoing confidential records. Charts members treatment and progress in accord with state and NCQA regulations and in keeping with accepted community standards. May be required to participate in the department on-call rotation.
• Collaborates with physicians in screening and evaluating patients for psychotropic medications, within the scope of practice. Utilizes resources of public and private agencies and community organizations to meet the needs of the members treatment. May develop, implements, and evaluates behavioral medicine and health psychology programs in a variety of settings, including primary care. Provides consultation to primary care providers and health educators on matters relating to mental health, health psychology and behavioral medicine.
• May supervise Post Masters Fellows, Associate Clinical Social Workers, Associate Marriage Family Therapists or Associate Professional Clinical Counselors as needed if supervision course is completed.
• May provide appropriate support to members family, including explanation of treatment, instructions in how to support treatment and interventions to increase acceptance of and adherence to treatment, at members request.
• Utilizes resources of public and private agencies and community organizations to meet the needs of the members treatment to include referral of the member and/or members family to external resources, as appropriate. Participates in departmental program development, implementation and evaluation.
• Reports safety concerns to mandated reporting agencies.
Has experience in assessing, diagnosing and treating a broad range of psychiatric conditions.
Must be familiar with DMS-IV-R as a means of diagnosis.
Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
Knowledge of social service agencies, state regulations, and professional board standards as is related to member treatment, patient rights, and member/patient confidentiality.
Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
- Masters degree in Social Work required from an accredited college or university.
- Masters degree in Social Work, Social Welfare from a clinical track, Clinical or Counseling Psychology or related field required from an accredited college or university.
- National Provider Identifier required at hire
- Licensed Clinical Social Worker (California)
- Must be familiar with DSM-V as a means of diagnosis.
- Has experience in assessing, diagnosing and treating a broad range of psychiatric conditions.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Knowledge of social service agencies, state regulations, and professional board standards as is related to member treatment, patient rights, and member/patient confidentiality.
- May be required to participate in the department on-call rotation.
- Knowledge of Evidence-Based Practice and psychotherapy research methods.
- Knowledge of the bio-psycho-social functions that contribute to mental health.
- Accuracy in diagnosing patients and developing effective treatment plans.
- Competence in individual, family and group psychotherapy.
- Professional maturity and ethical integrity necessary for assuming professional responsibilities.
- Commitment to quality of service, teamwork, and participation in a highly interactive multidisciplinary clinic.
- Ability to complete multiple tasks/objectives in a timely manner.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
- Previous post license, paid experience as a member of a psychiatric treatment team in an outpatient setting/program under licensed supervision preferred.
- Previous clinical responsibility to include crisis intervention, individual and group psychotherapy.
- Demonstrated professional maturity and ethical integrity necessary for assuming professional responsibilities, preferred.
- Demonstrated commitment to quality of service, teamwork, and participation in a highly interactive multidisciplinary clinic, preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to complete multiple tasks/objectives in a timely manner, preferred.
- Accuracy in diagnosing patients and developing effective treatment plans, preferred.
- Competence in individual, family and group psychotherapy, preferred.
Additional Preferred Qualifications:
The Psych LCSW is a professional caregiver who assumes case management accountability for a panel of
patients, as follows:
• Experience in assessing, diagnosing, and treating a broad range of psychiatric conditions.
• Strong communication skills, emotional intelligence, and facilitate complex discussions w/ pts & family. Includes strong
motivational interviewing techniques.
• Knowledge of KP & local community resources.
• Network & coordinate care with other clinicians / providers.
• Independent and manage time for large & diverse patient panel.
• Preferred case management experience and strong clinical knowledge in Mental Health and Complex Chronic Conditions.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.