Licensed Nurses & Physician Assistants
The Front Line of Patient Care
Our nurse professionals embody what it means to provide the best patient interactions possible. They also advance the art and science of nursing in a patient-centered, healing environment.
Nurse Practitioner II Multi Medical - Electrophysiology - ElectrophysiologyCenterLocation: Sacramento, CA Job Number: 908575 Date posted: 11/17/2020
View Disability Accomodations
Navigating the Hiring Process
We're here to support you!
Having trouble with your account or have questions on the hiring process?
Please visit the FAQ page on our website for assistance.
Need help with your computer and browser settings?
Do you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability?
A reasonable accommodation is any modification or adjustment that enables you to fully participate in completing the following:
- Online Submissions
- Pre-Hire Assessments
- Interview Process
Please submit your accommodation request and an HR Representative will contact you.
- Practices under the standard procedure established for the NP role consistent with Kaiser Permanente policy and in accordance with requirement set forth by the California Board of Registered Nursing.
- Conducts age appropriate assessments of patients, including history taking and physical examination consistent with department protocol.
- Performs assessment/data collection in an on-going systematic manner, focusing on physiologic, psychosocial, cultural, spiritual and cognitive status, patient/family education, family involvement, and patient advocacy.
- Consults with supervising physician or other clinicians as dictated by patient need and assessment findings.
- Participates with physicians and other clinicians in the department to assure effective patient care consistent with quality indicators for patients cared for in the designated service.
- Reviews medical record for follow up or ordering of diagnostic studies under established protocols.
- Establishes and maintains communication with other health care providers and departments to ensure operational efficiency and effectiveness and to promote consistency and continuity of care.
- Establishes effective working relationships with members of the health care team, patients, and families.
- Acknowledges staff rights and cultural and ethical beliefs.
- Delegates appropriately and coordinates duties/activities of health care team members.
- Evaluates effectiveness of care given by team members.
- Demonstrates knowledge of and applies safety principles as identified by the institution. - Performs efficiently in emergency situations following established protocols, remaining calm, informing appropriate persons, and documenting events.
- Demonstrates responsibility and accountability for own professional practice.
- Participates regularly in staff development activities for unit and department personnel. - Demonstrates knowledge of legal issues, including patient confidentiality and risk management in all aspects of patient care and unit functioning.
- Participates in unit and department Performance Improvement activities.
- Participates in nursing research activities as requested.
- Identifies and solves problems effectively.
- Demonstrates a service philosophy in all interactions with patients, families, and all members of the health care team.
- Demonstrates proficiency in the use of computers and telecommunication modalities to document, track and convey information.
- If practicing in a specialty role, fulfills the expectations established for the particular role.
- Perform other related duties as necessary.
- This job has no supervisory responsibility.
- Minimum of six (6) months of experience as a nurse practitioner. See job duties for specific experience requirements for specialty services.
- One (1) year (within the past three (3) years) experience as a NP providing specialized care for cardiovascular conditions. Develops and acts on plan of care for complex high-risk patients with cardiovascular conditions; evaluates the effectiveness of the care provided. ACLS required. PALS required for pediatric patients. Completion of a Masters Program in Adult NP, Family Practice NP or Pediatric NP required: (Adult or Family NP if practice limited to adults; Family or Pedi NP if practice limited to pediatric patients.)
- Master's degree in nursing (unless already a Kaiser Permantente employee who was 'grandfathered in' prior to California Business and Professions Code requirement in January 1, 2008).
- Current California RN/NP License with California BRN issued Furnishing Number.
- Current BLS required.
- Must have a NPI and meet Medicare requirements for PTAN (Provider Transaction Account Number).
- Current DEA if required for specialty.
- Depending on the particular specialty, ACLS and/or NALS and/or PALS or PEARS may also be required for the position.
Roseville Eureka Medical Offices 2, 1660 Eureka Rd., Roseville,California, 95661
Roseville Hospital, 1600 Eureka Rd., Roseville,California, 95661
S. Sacramento Hospital, 6600 Bruceville Rd., Sacramento,California, 95823
Sacramento Medical Office Addition, 2025 Morse Ave., Sacramento,California, 95825 Scheduled Weekly Hours: 40 Shift: Day Workdays: Week 1: Mon 8:00AM-4:30PM, Tue 8:00AM-4:30PM, Wed 8:00AM-4:30PM, Thu 7:00AM-3:30PM, Fri 7:00AM-3:30PM Week 2: Mon 7:00AM-3:30PM, Tue 7:00AM-3:30PM, Wed 7:00AM-3:30PM, Thu 8:00AM-4:30PM, Fri 8:00AM-4:30PM *Expected length of employment up to 90 days Working Hours Start: See Schedule Working Hours End: See Schedule Job Schedule: Full-time Job Type: Standard Employee Status: Temporary Employee Group/Union Affiliation: A10|NNU|California Nurse's Association Job Level: Individual Contributor Job Category: Nursing Licensed Department: Cardiology-EP Cardiac Care Interv Special Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time Kaiser Permanente is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, parental status, ancestry, disability, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information, other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or any other protected status.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
Learn About Nursing & Physician Assistant Careers
Through professional practice and leadership, nurses at Kaiser Permanente continually advance the art and science of nursing. But we recognize that what we do is more than clinical practice. We believe that every interaction — whether it is with a patient, a colleague, a physician, or anyone else — has the potential to be extraordinary. And we find that approaching our daily routine with this in mind gives each and every action new meaning and allows us to focus on the moment, empowering us to deliver expert care.
No matter where you are in your nursing career, the size and scope of our organization means you have the resources, technology, tools, and support you need to make a lasting impact.
Physician Assistant Careers
Physician assistants play a powerful and important role in delivering high-quality, informative care. Working directly with patients, their families, colleagues, and supervising physicians, they are vital in defining the overall care experience.
Being a physician assistant at Kaiser Permanente is centered on promoting a healing environment — one that maintains a caring, comforting practice while honoring the unity of the whole patient: mind, body, and spirit.
Connect with a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to seeing you!