Nurse Practitioner II - OBGYN
Navigating the Hiring Process
We're here to support you!
Having trouble with your account or have questions on the hiring process?
Please visit the FAQ page on our website for assistance.
Need help with your computer and browser settings?
Do you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability?
A reasonable accommodation is any modification or adjustment that enables you to fully participate in completing the following:
- Online Submissions
- Pre-Hire Assessments
- Interview Process
Please submit your accommodation request and an HR Representative will contact you.
The Nurse Practitioner (NP) is responsible for the assessment of selected patients in the designated service. The NP performs physical examinations, confers with patients in person and by phone/electronically, collaborates with others in the department to assure smooth flow of patient care consistent with established quality indicators and participates in the overall coordination of patient care. The NP reports to the Chief of the designated service and to the Department Manager.
- Practices under the standard procedure established for the NP role consistent with Kaiser Permanente policy and in accordance with requirement set forth by the California Board of Registered Nursing.
- Conducts age appropriate assessments of patients, including history taking and physical examination consistent with department protocol.
- Performs assessment/data collection in an on-going systematic manner, focusing on physiologic, psychosocial, cultural, spiritual and cognitive status; patient/family education, family involvement and patient advocacy.
- Consults with supervising physician or other clinicians as dictated by patient need and assessment findings.
- Participates with physicians and other clinicians in the department to assure effective patient care consistent with quality indicators for patients cared for in the designated service.
- Reviews medical record for follow up or ordering of diagnostic studies under established protocols.
- Establishes and maintains communication with other health care providers and departments to ensure operational efficiency and effectiveness and to promote consistency and continuity of care.
- Establishes effective working relationships with members of the health care team, patients, and families. Acknowledges staff rights and cultural and ethical beliefs.
- Delegates appropriately and coordinates duties/activities of health care team members. Evaluates effectiveness of care given by team members.
- Demonstrates knowledge of and applies safety principles as identified by the institution. Performs efficiently in emergency situations following established protocols, remaining calm, informing appropriate persons, and documenting events.
- Demonstrates responsibility and accountability for own professional practice. Participates regularly in staff development activities for unit and department personnel. Demonstrates knowledge of legal issues, including patient confidentiality and risk management in all aspects of patient care and unit functioning.
- Participates in unit and department Performance Improvement activities. Participates in nursing research activities as requested. Identifies and solves problems effectively.
- Demonstrates a service philosophy in all interactions with patients, families, and all members of the health care team. Demonstrates proficiency in the use of computers and telecommunication modalities to document, track and convey information.
- If practicing in a specialty role, fulfills the expectations established for the particular role.
- Perform other related duties as necessary.
Minimum of 6 months experience as a nurse practitioner. One (1) year (within the past 3 years) experience as a NP providing care for women in family planning, perinatal care, menopause management.
- Masters Degree in Nursing (unless already a Kaiser Permanente employee who was grandfathered in prior to California Business and Professions Code requirement in January 1, 2008)
- Completion of masters program in Adult NP, Family Practice NP or Womens Health NP required.
- Registered Nurse License (California)
- Nurse Practitioner Certificate (California)
- Nurse Practitioner Furnishing Number (California)
- Nurse Practitioner National Certificate
- Provider Transaction Access Number (Medicare)
- National Provider Identifier
- Basic Life Support
- Six (6) months experience as a Nurse Practitioner
- Must meet credentialing requirements established for nurse practitioners within the Kaiser system (Masters Degree in
- Nursing and National Certification from one of the following organizations: American Academy of Nurse Practitioners;
- American Credentialing Center; National Certification Corporation for Obstetric, Gynecologic and Neonatal Nursing
- Specialties; National Certification Board of Pediatric Nurse Practitioners and Nurses.)
- Also refer to Position Specifications outlined in the appropriate collective bargaining agreement.
- Demonstrated knowledge & skill in the management of elective abortion patients inc. counseling, pre-op assessment & post op care.
- Management of Medical Abortion patients