Strength is Relative. Potential is Infinite.
Help your patients achieve their goals while realizing those of your own. Working alongside clinical experts and physicians, you'll have the freedom, resources, and support you need to develop innovative care plans and improve your patients' quality of life.
On-Call Sr Physical Therapist - InpatientLocation: Sacramento, CA Job Number: 966794 Date posted: 06/07/2021
View Disability Accomodations
Navigating the Hiring Process
We're here to support you!
Having trouble with your account or have questions on the hiring process?
Please visit the FAQ page on our website for assistance.
Need help with your computer and browser settings?
Do you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability?
A reasonable accommodation is any modification or adjustment that enables you to fully participate in completing the following:
- Online Submissions
- Pre-Hire Assessments
- Interview Process
Please submit your accommodation request and an HR Representative will contact you.
- Evaluates patients and interprets evaluation findings to determine the nature and extent of dysfunction. Establishes treatment goals and plans treatment to achieve established goals. Initiates discharge planning for physical therapy. Implements the treatment plan through direct treatment of the patient, delegates a portion of the treatment plan to appropriate supportive personnel, and coordinates the treatment program with other health care personnel as appropriate.
- Provides advice and education to patient and family. Regularly reassesses clinical signs and symptoms to determine effectiveness of treatment, progress of patients towards goals, and the need for modifying goals and treatment. Discharges patient from physical therapy when the patient has received maximum benefit from physical therapy. Provides accurate, timely documentation of physical therapy patient management.
- Participates in appropriate and approved educational and clinical research activities in physical therapy. Participates in specialized patient care clinics outside the department. Assists in the development, implementation, and review of departmental patient care programs. Performs other duties as needed in the areas of staff education, departmental operations, and departmental projects. Demonstrates on-going progress toward meeting the criteria for professional practice.
- Acts as an instructor in patient education classes/groups within and/or outside the department based on operational need as defined by departmental leadership. Provides a minimum of one departmental in-service per year as requested by the Rehab Director e.g. journal club presentation, regular in-service presentation. Serves as a clinical instructor to PT students as requested by the Rehab Director. Able to manage complex patients independently with minimal consultation.
- Kaiser Permanente conducts compensation reviews of positions on a routine basis. At any time, Kaiser Permanente reserves the right to reevaluate and change job descriptions, or to change such positions from salaried to hourly pay status. Such changes are generally implemented only after notice is given to affected employees.
- Variable On-call
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
Learn About Rehab Services Careers
Rehab Services Careers
In an effort to increase our collective knowledge and deliver higher-quality, more informed care, we encourage dialogue and collaboration across the care delivery spectrum. Our rehab department includes professionals in audiology, respiratory care, physical therapy, occupational therapy, speech language pathology, and much more.
In addition to inpatient and outpatient opportunities, we also offer home health opportunities, affording you the chance to improve patient outcomes in the home care setting. With outstanding educational opportunities and modern equipment and technology, you'll actively participate in your patients' journey to wellness while continually elevating your own expertise.
Physical And Occupational Therapists
Kaiser Permanente offers full-time, part-time, per diem, and in-house registry opportunities in a variety of practice settings, including home health, inpatient, and outpatient. Additional opportunities include occupational therapist, physical therapist, and licensed physical therapist assistant.
At Kaiser Permanente, Respiratory Care Practitioners are an integral part of our respected health care team. They are responsible for developing patient treatment plans and have the opportunity to work in a variety of exciting and challenging areas from adult critical care to cardiology to high-risk delivery. Our Respiratory Care Practitioners have the advantage of computerized state-of-the-art equipment, including life support systems, arterial blood gas analyzers, and non-invasive monitors.
Kaiser Permanente's speech pathologists provide direct patient care to members with communication and swallowing disorders by evaluating, diagnosing, developing, and implementing therapy and treatment programs.
Our audiology professionals are a vital part of our rehab care team. They provide direction, counseling, and recommendations regarding the rehabilitation of hearing impaired patients.
Connect with a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to seeing you!
Join Kaiser Permanente's Talent Network
Sign up to receive information about opportunities that relate to your interests.