The Front Line of Patient Care
Our nurse professionals embody what it means to provide the best patient interactions possible. They also advance the art and science of nursing in a patient-centered, healing environment.
RN Educator TPMGLocation: Sacramento, CA Additional Locations:
Job Number: 776084 Date posted: 03/11/2019
Responsible for clinical education and training programs to meet the learning and developmental needs of the clinical staff. Designs, implements, and evaluates strategies to maintain clinical competency of care providers.
- Designs, implements, and evaluates programs that meet learning and competency development needs of clinical staff.
- Responds quickly to corporate changes in clinical practice and provides training required. Insures compliance and documentation of educational programs based on regulatory agency standards.
- Develops, implements, monitors, and evaluates effectiveness of orientation/training/cross-training programs that are based on an assessment of individual skills and evaluated by clinical competency outcome criteria.
- Collaborates with leadership to improve quality and efficiency and maintain regulatory compliance throughout the continuum of clinical care.
- Conducts research into professional and community practice standards, technology, and clinical innovations for improved service within assigned care area.
- Makes recommendations for cost/quality strategies; works within budget.
- Communicates and markets educational programs to broad target audience using appropriate methods.
- Kaiser Permanente conducts compensation reviews of positions on a routine basis. At any time, Kaiser Permanente reserves the right to reevaluate and change job descriptions, or to change such positions from salaried to hourly pay status. Such changes are generally implemented only after notice is given to affected employees.
- Minimum two (2) years of experience within the last three (3) years in in-service education in clinical area required.
- Bachelor's degree in nursing education required, OR four (4) years of experience in a directly related field.
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) required.
License, Certification, Registration
- BLS certificate required except for inAppointment and Advice Call Center only.
- Adult learning knowledge required.
- Requires excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills and group facilitator process skills.
- Thoroughly knowledgeable of the California Nurse Practice Act, The Joint Commission, Title 22, QA, and BRN regulations.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
- BLS is preferred.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
About Nursing & Physician Assistant Careers
Through professional practice and leadership, nurses at Kaiser Permanente continually advance the art and science of nursing. But we recognize that what we do is more than clinical practice. We believe that every interaction — whether it is with a patient, a colleague, a physician, or anyone else — has the potential to be extraordinary. And we find that approaching our daily routine with this in mind gives each and every action new meaning and allows us to focus on the moment, empowering us to deliver expert care.
No matter where you are in your nursing career, the size and scope of our organization means you have the resources, technology, tools, and support you need to make a lasting impact.
Physician Assistant Careers
Physician assistants play a powerful and important role in delivering high-quality, informative care. Working directly with patients, their families, colleagues, and supervising physicians, they are vital in defining the overall care experience.
Being a physician assistant at Kaiser Permanente is centered on promoting a healing environment — one that maintains a caring, comforting practice while honoring the unity of the whole patient: mind, body, and spirit.
See What People are Saying About Working at KP
Come introduce yourself to a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to meeting you in person.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs.