A Focus on Excellence
Understanding the critical importance of eye health, our optical team members provide patients with outstanding services and care.
Senior Manager Optical BranchLocation: Sacramento, CA Additional Locations:
Job Number: 716871 Date posted: 07/11/2018
- Acts as a liaison to local facility leadership (MGA, AMGA), 3 O's leadership (Chiefs of Optometry and Opthalmology), and regional Optical leadership (SAM, Director), for the purposes of consistent delivery of regional Optical standards and principles in a local facility setting.
- Responsible for consistent implementation of region-wide policies and procedures, identified best practices, and training and development strategies.
- Identifies and develops opticians, leads, and branch managers in their Medical Service Area for the purposes of succession planning for Optical Services.
- Manages patient sales and service activities performed by dispensing opticians, contact lens fitters, and receptionist personnel for a sales office.
- Leads team employees to deliver the required Kaiser Permanente member experience through performance management. Establishes clear team objectives.
- Ensures all branch employees are appropriately trained to consistently deliver excellent customer member services.
- Responsible for resolving patient complaints, including service recovery and refunds.
- Manages personnel issues, inlcuding interviewing, on-boarding, and orientation. Also provides training, evaluations, counseling, discipline, and terminations.
- Manages daily staffing requirements and accounts for time cards; approves and schedules vacation and other absences for all branch employees.
- Analyzes financial data and develops action plans accordingly.
- Administers Optical Services policie and procedures which ensure quality carea and service in compliance with all labor contracts and government regulations.
- Demonstrates sound judgment in anticipating challenges, problem solving, and seeking the right resources to resolve issues.
- Reports all appropriate information to Regional Management.
- Takes pride in the appearance of the branch and ensures frame boards and merchandising are all in accordance with provided planograms.
- Recommends capital equipment and personnel budgets.
- Monitors and manages sales records and reports.
- Assures that branch files are properly maintained.
- Kaiser Permanente conducts compensation reviews of positions on a routine basis. At any time, Kaiser Permanente reserves the right to reevaluate and change job descriptions, or to change such positions from salaried to hourly pay status. Such changes are generally implemented only after notice is given to affected employees.
- Minimum five (5) years of optical experience.
- Bachelor's degree in business administration OR four (4) years of experience in a directly related field.
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) required.
License, Certification, Registration
- Knowledge in all phases of retail operations, including the delivery of superior customer service results, revenue generation, personnel oversight, labor relations and/or human resources management.
- Demonstrated ability to determine key business issues and develop appropriate action plans from multi-disciplinary perspectives.
- Strong influencing, negotiating, and team building skills.
- Strong strategic and critical thinking ability.
- Talent management skills (recruit, interview, select, develop, etc).
- Excellent coaching and development skills.
- Demonstrated ability to conduct and interpret quantitative and qualitative analyses.
- Effective leadership, project management, and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, both up and down.
- Must work some evenings and Saturdays will be required.
- Must be able to work in a labor management partnership environment.
- Retail sales, optical, or eye care experience preferred.
- American Board Opticianary(ABO) certification preferred.
About Vision Services Careers
Our focus on total health extends to one of our most important senses: our sight. As a member of our vision services team, you'll contribute to our members' comprehensive eye care and individual style by supporting them with a variety of services, including optometry, ophthalmology, optical sales, laser vision correction, intraocular lens implantation, cataract surgery, and more. Working directly with members, you'll promote vision health and a positive outlook as you contribute to our collaborative team.
From providing great medical care from trusted Kaiser Permanente Ophthalmologists and Optometrists, to supporting that with a great selection of eyewear at our Optical Centers — often in the same convenient location — our Vision Essentials team makes sure our members feel, see, and look their best.
See What People are Saying About Working at KP
Feb 2, 2018
- Positive Outlook
- Positive opinion of CEO
I worked at Kaiser Permanente full-time (More than 8 years)
Excellent benefits. Great calibre of employees, respectful workplace. Very forward thinking and fosters innovation.Full Review
Come introduce yourself to a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to meeting you in person.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs.