Support Starts With You
The backbone of our care team, you will greatly impact the work of our clinicians and physicians as well as improve our patients' experiences.
Service Director Non RN-Health Education and Health PromotionLocation: Sacramento, CA Additional Locations:
Job Number: 777862 Date posted: 03/11/2019
Plans, organizes, directs, evaluates and coordinates outpatient/inpatient services across the continuum of care within a Service Area or within a single medical center. Works with KFHP/H and the Medical Group staff developing strategic plans, providing quality care, cost effective services which are aligned with federal, state, and local regulations.
- Collaborates with other Service Directors / Chiefs of Service in identifying and implementing innovative models and best practices, emphasizing service improvements and cost reduction.
- Directs development and implementation of quality and utilization standards across the continuum of care to ensure coordinated plans of treatment, customer focused delivery of services and cost effective utilization of necessary services. Ensures compliance with administrative, legal and regulatory requirements of the Health Plan contract and governmental and accrediting agencies.
- Oversees the development of department standards as identified by regulatory agencies. Develops services that achieve a high level of customer satisfaction with emphasis on customer service, highest standards of quality and innovation. Manages and resolves human resource, labor relations, employee and department safety and risk management issues. May act as site administrator.
- Utilizes research data to implement clinical changes and the delivery of patient care and member services. Directs the budget and resource allocations. Manages the financial performance and identifies and implements strategies to reduce costs and improve quality of care and services.
- Kaiser Permanente conducts compensation reviews of positions on a routine basis. At any time, Kaiser Permanente reserves the right to reevaluate and change job descriptions, or to change such positions from salaried to hourly pay status. Such changes are generally implemented only after notice is given to affected employees.
- Minimum five (5) years of management/program leadership experience required.
- Bachelor's degree required.
License, Certification, Registration
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal communication skills.
- Knowledge of The Joint Commission, and other local, state, and federal regulations.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
- Minimum three (3) years of experience in an outpatient care setting.
- Master's degree preferred.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
About Clinical Support Careers
Clinical Support Careers
Supporting members and patients as vital members of our care delivery team, our patient care services professionals include our medical assistants, sterile processing technicians, surgical technicians, nursing assistants, and so much more.
There is a deep breadth of clinical support career options that allow medical professionals to deliver quality health care to our patients. These roles are critical, instrumental, and unique, with a variety of career settings (inpatient, outpatient, home care) and departments. Opportunities to develop oneself, grow professionally, and transfer to new roles/locations make these roles especially rewarding.
Discover the KP Difference
Visionary. Rewarding. Essential. These words describe the powerful work we do. Looking for more reasons to join our proud team? We've got ten compelling reasons right here!
Communication is vital to what we do every day. We value those who enhance our team with essential bilingual skills — allowing us to provide quality, inclusive care to everyone in our communities.
See What People are Saying About Working at KP
Feb 2, 2018
- Positive Outlook
- Positive opinion of CEO
I worked at Kaiser Permanente full-time (More than 8 years)
Excellent benefits. Great calibre of employees, respectful workplace. Very forward thinking and fosters innovation.Full Review
Come introduce yourself to a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to meeting you in person.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs.