NP/PA- Salem Area- Primary Care-Multiple Shifts & Hours AvailableSalem, Oregon
As a Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant with Kaiser Permanente, you’re a critical member of our health care delivery team. Whether supporting the patient directly in our hospitals or clinics, providing care at home, or serving our patients through innovative virtual technology, you and your team will work on the front lines every day. You’ll also use our integrated care model to optimize the total health of our members and the communities we serve. If you share our passion for care and our commitment to helping those around us, you’ll have the resources you need to make a real difference.
- Job Schedule: Full-time
- Scheduled Weekly Hours: 0
- Shift: Day
We’re looking for teammates who possess the following traits.
Our Nurse Practitioners and Physician Assistants earn exceptional benefits.
Medical, Vision, and Dental
Generous Vacation, Holiday, and Sick Leave
Pension and Retirement Plans
Tuition Reimbursement & Educational Opportunities
Benefits may vary based on location, position, scheduled hours, and representation by collective bargaining or employee groups.
For over 80 years, Kaiser Permanente Northwest (KPNW) has led the way as an innovator in integrated medicine. We provide whole-person care with a comprehensive offering of services, including specialties, ancillary, pharmacy, and dental. Our success is driven by our collective dedication to providing the best care and putting our patients at the heart of everything we do. If you are a Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant who’s passionate about providing meaningful care for all, begin your care delivery journey with us.
What Our People Are Saying
“When I joined in 2011, I had a five-month-old son and was looking for a job that would allow me a better work-life balance. Today, I’m still extremely happy with this balance. Many of my patients came to me in 2011 and we’re still working together to keep or improve their health. It is deeply satisfying work.”
“I love working for Kaiser Permanente and have stayed with this group since 1998. I highly value the strong emphasis on evidence-based medicine and preventive care — and the access to trusted resources for diagnosis and management of care is priceless.”
“I started as an oncology nurse and I’ve been blessed to be able to continue as a hematology/oncology NP. I love working with this team because they are incredibly supportive and really love their work and patients.”
“As a physician assistant, I play a key role in medicine and can work as a part of a team. Kaiser Permanente offers true support, including easy specialty consults, mentorship, and great resources within each office and clinic. Also, my team worked with me to pursue treating specialty populations that I care immensely about”
NP/PA- Salem Area- Primary Care-Multiple Shifts & Hours Available
Navigating the Hiring Process
We're here to support you!
Having trouble with your account or have questions on the hiring process?
Please visit the FAQ page on our website for assistance.
Need help with your computer and browser settings?
Do you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability?
A reasonable accommodation is any modification or adjustment that enables you to fully participate in completing the following:
- Online Submissions
- Pre-Hire Assessments
- Interview Process
Please submit your accommodation request and an HR Representative will contact you.
Provide high quality health care to Kaiser Permanente members in a cost-effective manner and in accordance with accepted professional practice standards.
- Provide high-quality health care through direct assessment, diagnosis, and formulation/implementation of treatment plan for patients with common acute chronic illnesses and injuries (may include performing histories and physicals; ordering, interpreting, and following up on diagnostic studies; ordering medications; assisting with surgery; performing minor surgery; rounding on patients; and assuming on-call responsibilities).
- Perform health maintenance services, including patient education, for well members.
- Refer patients for specialty consultation or difficult problems.
- Document in writing all care in patients permanent medical record in accordance with accepted medical/legal standards.
- Provide all medical care in accordance with accepted practice standards, hospital/clinic protocols (including supervision by a physician), and state licensing guidelines.
- Coordinate, develop or organize patient or department services or programs.
- Examples include, but are not limited to: Assist in developing department/hospital protocols.
- Screen incoming department referrals.
- Coordinate CME activities for department.
- Develop written patient education materials.
- Provide in-service training Proctor NP/PA students.
- Chair or participate on committees such as Breastfeeding Task Force, Regional Controlled Substance Abuse Committee, etc.
- Perform other duties as requested.
- Graduate of ANA-approved NP or AMA-approved PA or Child Health Associate training program (both provide masters or equivalent degrees) or equivalent requirements to meet State licensure.
- This job requires credentials from multiple states. Credentials from the primary work state are required before hire. Additional Credentials from the secondary work state(s) are required post hire.
- Nurse Practitioner License (Oregon) within 6 months of hire AND Nurse Practitioner National Certificate AND Registered Nurse License (Oregon) within 6 months of hire AND Advanced Registered Nurse Practitioner License (Washington) within 6 months of hire AND Registered Nurse License (Washington) within 6 months of hire
- Physician Assistant License (Washington) within 6 months of hire AND Physician Assistant National Certificate AND Physician Assistant License (Oregon) within 6 months of hire
- National Provider Identifier required at hire
- Drug Enforcement Administration Registration
- Thorough and working knowledge of all common diseases in specialty field; familiarity with less common diseases.
- Working knowledge of state health care laws, licensing board regulations and controlled substance regulations.
- Important to know limitations and when to refer patients.
- Ability to assess, diagnose and effectively treat common medical diseases and injuries.
- Ability to use appropriate procedural/testing equipment, to see large volume of patients, and to interface with large provider and support staff.
- Minor surgery or surgical assist skills.
- Demonstrate customer-focused service skills.
- Minimum two (2) years clinical experience.
Kaiser Permanente is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, parental status, ancestry, disability, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information, other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or any other protected status. Submit Interest
More From Kaiser Permanente
What it means to work here
See how our more than 305,000 dedicated professionals work together to take Kaiser Permanente to the next level while helping to revolutionize care around the world.
Explore Kaiser Permanente Northwest
Learn about joining a nonprofit organization dedicated to making real and lasting change while transforming care for the people who live, learn, work, and play here.
Working together for all
Meet a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event.