The Front Line of Patient Care
Our nurse professionals embody what it means to provide the best patient interactions possible. They also advance the art and science of nursing in a patient-centered, healing environment.
RN, Operating Room (On Call) Salem SkylineLocation: Salem, OR Additional Locations:
Job Number: 812079 Date posted: 07/30/2019
- Demonstrates personal commitment to service & to socially relevant practice
- Demonstrates ethical & legal behavior in all professional activities
- Utilizes a critical thinking approach to problem solve & make decisions
- Understands & provides competent care to a diverse population
- Uses knowledge of cultural differences to provide nursing care that is sensitive to & consistent w/ cultural values, beliefs, & customs
- Provides culturally sensitive teaching materials to individuals, families & groups
- Practices health care team building & leadership skills
- Participates in population-based care activities
- Demonstrates technological literacy in using computerized information systems
- Participates in ongoing continuing education activities & shares knowledge w/ other health care team members
- Provides evidence-based, clinically competent nursing care in a culturally sensitive manner
- Plans, implements, manages, coordinates & evaluates a plan of care across the care continuum
- Facilitates member wellness & function & identifies needs for health care interventions
- Utilizes appropriate assessment tools, processes, clinical pathways & guidelines to manage patient care
- Integrates theory & research-based knowledge in the provision of direct & indirect nursing care
- Performs & modifies therapeutic & preventive nursing measures & administers treatments & medications as authorized by law & determined by the State Board of Nursing
- Performs skilled nursing tasks competently & demonstrates operational knowledge of procedures & equipment
- Performs triage & telephone advice independently & w/in scope of the Oregon and/or Washington Nurse Practice Acts
- Maintains a safe & therapeutic environment for staff, patients & family members
- Participates in the research process
- Documents the nursing care provided which demonstrates the application of the nursing process & complies w/ departmental and/or organizational standards
- Applies effective oral & written communication skills in interacting w/ patients, families & members of the health care team
- This includes effective negotiation & conflict management skills
- Recognizes the impact of systems on health care delivery
- Facilitates coordination of care across all settings w/ particular attention to transitional needs
- Functions w/in interdisciplinary teams in a manner that promotes coordination, mutual respect & timely response to the patient's health care needs
- Acts as an advocate for individuals & groups w/ unmet health needs
- Applies the knowledge & tools of continuous improvement in clinical practice & the delivery of health care
- This job description is not all encompassing
- Minimum two (2) years of experience in acute care or ambulatory care/clinic setting within the last five (5) years
- Two (2) years of experience circulating in an inpatient or ambulatory surgery setting within the past three (3) years
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing
- High school diploma or GED
- Current state RN licensure
- Current BLS/AED certification upon hire and to continue employment
- Demonstrates clinical nursing and leadership skills
- Able to type 20 words per minute
- Demonstrates effective interpersonal, communication and problem-solving skills
- Willingness to learn computerized information systems
- Demonstrates ability to work within teams and within a dynamic work environment
- Customer focused
- Previous experience with population care/case management, triage and advice, preferred
- Current or future bachelor's degree in nursing or related field preferred
- CNOR, preferred
- ACLS, preferred
- Pre-op area skills, preferred
- IV start skills, preferred
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
About Nursing & Physician Assistant Careers
Through professional practice and leadership, nurses at Kaiser Permanente continually advance the art and science of nursing. But we recognize that what we do is more than clinical practice. We believe that every interaction — whether it is with a patient, a colleague, a physician, or anyone else — has the potential to be extraordinary. And we find that approaching our daily routine with this in mind gives each and every action new meaning and allows us to focus on the moment, empowering us to deliver expert care.
No matter where you are in your nursing career, the size and scope of our organization means you have the resources, technology, tools, and support you need to make a lasting impact.
Physician Assistant Careers
Physician assistants play a powerful and important role in delivering high-quality, informative care. Working directly with patients, their families, colleagues, and supervising physicians, they are vital in defining the overall care experience.
Being a physician assistant at Kaiser Permanente is centered on promoting a healing environment — one that maintains a caring, comforting practice while honoring the unity of the whole patient: mind, body, and spirit.
See What People are Saying About Working at KP
Apr 17, 2019
"I love my job"
- Positive Outlook
I have been working at Kaiser Permanente part-time for more than 2 years
I’ve waited to get in to Kaiser for so long and now that I’m in, I’d never let go. I love people that i work with (although just like any other jobs, it has it’s highs and lows), i love my patients, pay is great and benefits are awesome!! Definitely 1 of the highest paying hospitals in the region.Full Review
Come introduce yourself to a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to meeting you in person.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs.