Support the Bottom Line — and the Big Picture
Create the financial strategies that affect our patients, medical centers, and future. On this team, you'll provide the strategy recommendations that drive operational and process improvement, as well as face challenging opportunities to influence the future of health care.
Account Administration RepresentativeLocation: San Diego, CA Additional Locations:
Job Number: 823833 Date posted: 10/22/2019
- Setting up & maintaining member data including but not limited to processing enrollments, corrections, retroactivity adjustments & terminations.
- Supporting eligibility inquiries.
- Ensuring bills are correct & mailed timely.
- Interacting w/ purchaser benefit administrators to answer questions & explain Health Plan policy & contractual provisions related to membership & billing.
- Resolving related problems.
- Assisting Health Plan purchaser contacts & sales & srv representatives in the sales process & the analysis & resolution of problems related to membership accounting.
- Conducting audits of purchasers w/ large payment variances, unallocated payments or other specified criteria.
- Resolving payment discrepancies & delinquencies.
- Ensuring purchasers compliance w/ Health Plan policies & contractual provisions.
- Preparing reports & managing purchaser correspondence.
- Receiving, entering data, reviewing, researching balancing, & applying daily purchaser deposits & sources from the bank in a timely & accurate fashion.
- Assisting w/ the production & distribution of payment-related reports required by purchasers & management, & by operating & maintaining printers & other related peripheral equipment.
- Supporting Medicare processing & reporting requirements.
- Ensuring that changes to contracts are quickly & accurately updated in the contract systems.
- Assisting w/ the production & distribution of contracts & related notices for new & renewing purchasers & individuals.
- Answering, researching, issuing & resolving problems related to medical records numbers (MRN) & performing any required follow up activities on a 24 hour per day, 7 day a week basis.
- Processing purchasers eligibility reported electronically by coordinating the exchange of media w/ groups & Information Srvs, resolving problems, maintaining & operating related equipment & maintaining supporting logs/records.
- Identifying, coding, batching, scanning & indexing documents for imaging.
- Providing office srvs support including but not limited to picking up, sorting & delivering mail, filing & retrieving documents, ordering & distributing office supplies, performing miscellaneous facilities maintenance tasks & providing photocopying & copier maintenance.
- Working w/ internal & external customers & vendors to resolve any issues related to support srvs activities.
- Collecting & monitoring productivity & customer srv quality measures.
- Participating team-based projects & contributing to customer srv & operations improvements initiatives.
- Assisting w/ training as required.
- Facilitating communications across all lines of business & w/ other Kaiser Permanente departments.
- Participating in purchasers performance evaluations & performance target setting activities.
- Perform other duties as they are assigned.
License, Certification, Registration
- Proficiency in math, data entry, typing, spelling and grammar, for which test are required.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team-based environment.
- Successful customer service track record.
- Ability to diagnose, analyze and solve a variety of quantitative and qualitative problems.
- Ability to communicate clearly and professionally.
- Computer experience preferably in a PC windows based environment.
- Willing to learn new tasks and adapt to new business requirements.
- Excellent conflict resolution and decision making capabilities.
- Ability to work productively at multiple tasks.
- Ability to adapt to change and be flexible in shifting priorities.
- Minimum two (2) years of experience in accounting, finance or related field preferred.
- Experience with operations of peripheral equipment, such as printers or magnetic tape equipment, and knowledge of operating systems commands such as MVS/ESA and JES2 mainframe application, and tape management systems preferred.
- Experience with mainframe application and computer transaction processing preferred.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
About Accounting, Finance, & Actuarial Careers
Members of our accounting team support corporate projects and lend insight to areas such as financial reporting, tax planning and preparation, and audit management. This team also includes our audit professionals, who partner with financial and operational groups across the organization to analyze budgets and streamline procedures.
Supporting critical business functions such as financial services, national Medicare finance, strategic planning, auditing, and corporate finance, our finance professionals develop the strategies that enable us to meet our financial goals.
Applying probability and statistics to the practical problems of insurance, our actuarial team performs a variety of duties, including calculating the cost of premiums and policy values, preparing statistical studies, and forecasting financial results.
See What People are Saying About Working at KP
Mar 26, 2019
"The best job I have ever had!"
- Positive Outlook
- Approves of CEO
I have been working at Kaiser Permanente full-time for more than a year
Real focus on creating higher quality, more affordable healthcare. Talented coworkers and great mentors. Fabulous benefits.Full Review
Come introduce yourself to a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to meeting you in person.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs.