Strength is Relative. Potential is Infinite.
Help your patients achieve their goals while realizing those of your own. Working alongside clinical experts and physicians, you'll have the freedom, resources, and support you need to develop innovative care plans and improve your patients' quality of life.
Audiology Student InternLocation: San Diego, CA Additional Locations:
Job Number: 793791 Date posted: 05/14/2019
- Under direct supervision of an Audiologist may perform the following direct patient care:
- Select, perform and interpret diagnostic test data for:
- Peripheral and central auditory function in pediatric and geriatric populations
- Vestibular function
- Facial nerve integrity
- Counsels patients and informs them of future therapeutic plans.
- Provides mobile diagnostic services for inpatients, ICU, NICU and operative patients.
- Performs evaluations, assessments and referrals for hearing aids.
- Keeps accurate and comprehensive records in patient's medical chart and department-based files.
- Performs daily equipment biological calibrations, maintains equipment and initiates requests for repair.
- Instructs patient education class.
- Assists families with placement into appropriate education setting fro hearing-impaired children.
- Serves as resource to physicians, paraprofessionals and patients regarding hearing health diagnostics and care.
- Maintains professional competency.
- NOTE: Each evaluation will be co-signed by an Audiology Preceptor within the department.
- Completion of third year in an accredited AuD (Doctor of Audiology) program.
License, Certification, Registration
- Specific knowledge, skills and experience required to competently perform the job, including minimum education, technical knowledge, etc.
- Ability to apply/utilize knowledge of the principles, practices and techniques of treatment modalities and interventions that meet standards of the program.
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word).
- Proficiency with a variety of software applications.
- Must be able to work in a Labor Management Partnership environment.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
About Rehab Services Careers
Rehab Services Careers
In an effort to increase our collective knowledge and deliver higher-quality, more informed care, we encourage dialogue and collaboration across the care delivery spectrum. Our rehab department includes professionals in audiology, respiratory care, physical therapy, occupational therapy, speech language pathology, and much more.
In addition to inpatient and outpatient opportunities, we also offer home health opportunities, affording you the chance to improve patient outcomes in the home care setting. With outstanding educational opportunities and modern equipment and technology, you'll actively participate in your patients' journey to wellness while continually elevating your own expertise.
Physical And Occupational Therapists
Kaiser Permanente offers full-time, part-time, per diem, and in-house registry opportunities in a variety of practice settings, including home health, inpatient, and outpatient. Additional opportunities include occupational therapist, physical therapist, and licensed physical therapist assistant.
At Kaiser Permanente, Respiratory Care Practitioners are an integral part of our respected health care team. They are responsible for developing patient treatment plans and have the opportunity to work in a variety of exciting and challenging areas from adult critical care to cardiology to high-risk delivery. Our Respiratory Care Practitioners have the advantage of computerized state-of-the-art equipment, including life support systems, arterial blood gas analyzers, and non-invasive monitors.
Kaiser Permanente's speech pathologists provide direct patient care to members with communication and swallowing disorders by evaluating, diagnosing, developing, and implementing therapy and treatment programs.
Our audiology professionals are a vital part of our rehab care team. They provide direction, counseling, and recommendations regarding the rehabilitation of hearing impaired patients.
See What People are Saying About Working at KP
Come introduce yourself to a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to meeting you in person.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs.