Driving Care Initiatives
From designing and leading complex programs to analyzing and translating business capabilities into powerful solutions, your expertise helps shape the future of health care.
Business Consultant/Analyst Senior - Medicare Issue Root Cause Analysis TeamLocation: San Diego, CA Additional Locations:
Job Number: 766393 Date posted: 02/11/2019
- Full use of application of standard principles, theories, and techniques.
- Uses professional concepts and company policies and procedures to solve a wide range of difficult problems in imaginative and practical ways.
- Develops and leverages relationships with peers, supervisors and management.
- Understand their functional area business processes and assigned area.
- Independently initiates, investigates, documents, and analyzes client requirements in project areas such as: new/existing business operating models with innovative approaches to solutions support, market research of emerging or available product functionality and operational readiness assessment.
- Assesses scope and impact of client business needs.
- Develops business cases with cost, service, and benefit dimensions of proposed projects that are used at management and executive levels for funding and scope decisions.
- Conducts and/or participates in the analysis of client business processes and functional requirements and in the preparation of appropriate documentation to communicate and validate the information.
- Conducts workflows, process diagrams and gap analysis.
- Identifies overlaps and related processes.
- May assist in the development of project plans.
- May use the associated project planning tools.
- Minimum three (3) years of experience, to include a minimum two (2) years in a consulting role.
- Bachelor's degree in business/health care administration or related discipline OR four (4) years of experience in a directly related field.
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) required.
License, Certification, Registration
- Identifies and documents cross-functional and/or cross-divisional, functional requirements, workflow, information sources and distribution paths, and system/process specifications.
- Thorough knowledge of platforms of the assigned functional area.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
- Bachelor's degree in business/health care administration or related discipline.
- Certification or advanced qualification by third party association that matches the function or field applicable to the business discipline preferred.
- Medicare experience preferred.
- Project Management and/or Process Improvement experience.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
About Consulting Services & Project/program Management (non-it) Careers
Consulting Services & Project/program Management (non-it) Careers
These careers consist of Program and Project Managers, Business Consultants, Business Analysts, and Data Analysts who all work together to effect positive organizational change from the inside out.
Join our talented team and make a difference through performing business analysis, developing business cases, providing client support during system development and implementation, managing projects, or by leading complex programs with multiple work streams.
See What People are Saying About Working at KP
Sep 16, 2018
"Great place to spend a work day"
- Positive Outlook
- Approves of CEO
I have been working at Kaiser Permanente full-time (More than a year)
Friendly professional people who share insights and work together for improvements and success. Excellent pay and good employee recognition programs.Full Review
Come introduce yourself to a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to meeting you in person.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs.