Realize the Potential Inside You
Work one-on-one with patients, family members, physicians, clinicians, and specialists to play an active role in the diagnostic and care delivery process. Leveraging the power of the latest technologies and advancements, you'll be supported and encouraged to realize your potential.
Cardiology Tech ILocation: San Diego, CA Additional Locations:
San Diego Medical Center 4647 Zion Ave., 4647 Zion Ave., San Diego,California, 92120
San Marcos Medical Offices 2 400 Craven Rd., 400 Craven Rd., San Marcos,California, 92069
San Diego Medical Center 9455 Clairemont Mesa Blvd, 9455 Clairemont Mesa Blvd., San Diego,California, 92123 Job Number: 760229 Date posted: 01/07/2019
- Upholds Kaiser Permanente's Policies and Procedures, Principles of Responsibilities and applicable state, federal and local laws.
- Prepares and instruct patient and performs diagnostic EKG procedures in both inpatient and outpatient setting as ordered.
- Scans EKG tracing for markedly abnormal rhythms and if present, bring to cardiologist attention.
- Responds to acute emergency situation such as code blue.
- Performs other diagnostic testing such as holter, event and recording.
- Edit and confirm EKG according to MD interpretation.
- Perform computer and device maintenance or cleaning and troubleshooting as needed.
- Establish and maintain courteous professional and cooperative relations with the public, patients, and other personnel.
- Promotes organization core value of customer service to internal and external customers.
- Perform other duties as needed: answering telephone and pages, maintain equipment, order supplies, taking messages, and retrieving test results.
- Adheres to all department policy and procedures.
- Equipment Utilized: EKG machine. Copy machine.
- Assume other activities and responsibilities from time to time as directed.
- Graduate of Part 1 and Part 2 Basic ECG course or in-house training program.
License, Certification, Registration
- Pass EKG rhythm recognition test.
- Able to walk up to five (5) miles a day while pushing EKG carts.
- Read, write, and communicate verbally well.
- Pass annual competency test in EKG rhythm recognition.
- Prefer six (6) months of ECG experience.
- This is an on-call position.
- Will be required to work rotating weekends.
- Will be required to travel to all current and future Cardiology locations.
About Imaging & Radiology Careers
Imaging & Radiology Careers
Do the best work of your career as you collaborate with colleagues and participate in continued learning and professional achievement opportunities. With a range of specialty areas in which to focus — from mammography to MRI, cardiac cath lab to ultrasound — and a variety of different scheduling options, there is plenty of room for you to grow — from technologist, to manager, and beyond — in our supportive environment.
See What People are Saying About Working at KP
Feb 2, 2018
- Positive Outlook
- Positive opinion of CEO
I worked at Kaiser Permanente full-time (More than 8 years)
Excellent benefits. Great calibre of employees, respectful workplace. Very forward thinking and fosters innovation.Full Review
Come introduce yourself to a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to meeting you in person.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs.