Realize the Potential Inside You
Work one-on-one with patients, family members, physicians, clinicians, and specialists to play an active role in the diagnostic and care delivery process. Leveraging the power of the latest technologies and advancements, you'll be supported and encouraged to realize your potential.
Computer Tomography TechLocation: San Diego, CA Additional Locations:
Job Number: 788463 Date posted: 05/16/2019
- Upholds KP's policies & procedures, principles of responsibilities & applicable state, federal & local laws.
- Is responsive to the needs of others by maintaining a professional behavior toward members & coworkers.
- Identifies the impact of cultural diversity & lifestyle choices on patient condition & makes accommodations for such differences.
- Demonstrates an understanding of the cognitive, physical, emotional & chronological maturation process in delivery of services to patients of the age group served.
- Exercises clinical judgement that conforms to established standards.
- Documents clinical activities in a timely, comprehensive & accurate manner.
- Observes all organizational, regional, medical service area & Diagnostic Imaging department policies & procedures.
- Maintains standards of professional behavior established to enhance quality of service.
- Utilizes effective communication skills.
- Demonstrates professional behavior/ conduct in all interactions w/ patients & staff.
- Meets productivity norms achieved by peers within the department.
- Maintains equipment, supplies & work area in accordance w/ department guidelines.
- Essential Clinical Duties & Responsibilities: Explains procedure to the patient , verifies patient history & confirms appropriateness of ordered exam/procedure.
- Selects appropriate software for the exam, utilizing a variety of software programs ; based on imaging principles, area of interest to be demonstrated & patient conditions, enters data such as type of scan requested, slice thickness, scan time & other technical factors into computer.
- Positions & immobilizes patient in order to obtain diagnostic image(s) of area of interest; may administer contrast media orally or assist radiologist in intravenous administration.
- Recognizes adverse reactions or changes in patient condition & reacts appropriately.
- Observes all standards for radiation safety/protection in order to minimize dose.
- Utilizes scanning techniques, selects best plane, acquisition method (eg: spiral, dynamic, multi-row detector), parameters (e.g.: slice thickness, mA, time, algorithm, pitch) to best demonstrate anatomy & pathology in studies such as those performed for the head, neck, chest, abdomen, pelvis & musculoskeletal.
- Modifies protocols as indicated by presence of pathology or trauma.
- May perform special procedures such as - but not limited to - 3-D studies, biopsies, drainage & aspiration, post myelography, CT arthrography, CT angiography, cardiac gating & interventional CT.
- Evaluates images on video display screen for diagnostic quality & presence of artifacts; evaluates videotapes & computer generated information for technical quality; takes corrective action as indicated to ensure image quality.
- Photographs/films images / scans utilizing appropriate window/level settings & formats; archives images & data.
- Two (2) years of clinical experience as a Computed Tomography Technologist, preferably in an acute care medical center, preferred.
- Experience w/ GE CT scanners, preferred.
- Experience w/ 3D post processing, preferred.
- Experience with picture archiving and communication systems (PACS), preferred.
- Certificate of advanced qualification: ARRT-CRT.
- Should either be certified with CPR (BLS - C: AHA approved course) or should obtain it during the probationary period.
- Additional training in the use & practices of Computed Tomography, preferred.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
About Imaging & Radiology Careers
Imaging & Radiology Careers
Do the best work of your career as you collaborate with colleagues and participate in continued learning and professional achievement opportunities. With a range of specialty areas in which to focus — from mammography to MRI, cardiac cath lab to ultrasound — and a variety of different scheduling options, there is plenty of room for you to grow — from technologist, to manager, and beyond — in our supportive environment.
See What People are Saying About Working at KP
Come introduce yourself to a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to meeting you in person.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs.