Computer Tomography Technologist
Navigating the Hiring Process
We're here to support you!
Having trouble with your account or have questions on the hiring process?
Please visit the FAQ page on our website for assistance.
Need help with your computer and browser settings?
Do you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability?
A reasonable accommodation is any modification or adjustment that enables you to fully participate in completing the following:
- Online Submissions
- Pre-Hire Assessments
- Interview Process
Please submit your accommodation request and an HR Representative will contact you.
Under indirect supervision, provides patient services using imaging modalities. Performs a variety of Computed Tomography procedures on patients of all age categories. Evaluates images for technical quality. Exercises professional attitude and judgment in the performance of duties. Provides patient care essential to Computed Tomography procedures. Recognizes patient conditions requiring immediate action and initiates life support measures.
- Upholds Kaiser Permanente's Policies and Procedures, Principles of Responsibilities and applicable state, federal and local laws.
- Is responsive to the needs of others by maintaining a professional behavior toward members and coworkers
- Identifies the impact of cultural diversity and lifestyle choices on patient condition and makes accommodations for such differences.
- Demonstrates an understanding of the cognitive, physical, emotional and chronological maturation process in delivery of services to patients of the age group served.
- Exercises clinical judgment that conforms to established standards.
- Documents clinical activities in a timely, comprehensive and accurate manner.
- Observes all organizational, regional, medical service area and Diagnostic Imaging department policies and procedures.
- Maintains standards of professional behavior established to enhance quality of service. Utilizes effective communication skills
- Demonstrates professional behavior/ conduct in all interactions with patients and staff.
- Meets productivity norms achieved by peers within the department.
- Maintains equipment, supplies and work area in accordance with department guidelines.
- Essential Clinical Duties and Responsibilities:
- Explains procedure to the patient, verifies patient history and confirms appropriateness of ordered exam/procedure
- Selects appropriate software for the exam, utilizing a variety of software programs; based on imaging principles, area of interest to be demonstrated and patient conditions, enters data such as type of scan requested, slice thickness, scan time and other technical factors into computer.
- Positions and immobilizes patient in order to obtain diagnostic image(s) of area of interest; may administer contrast media orally or assist radiologist in intravenous administration.
- Recognizes adverse reactions or changes in patient condition and reacts appropriately Observes all standards for radiation safety/protection in order to minimize dose
- Utilizes scanning techniques, selects best plane, acquisition method (e.g.,spiral, dynamic, multi-row detector), parameters (e.g.,slice thickness, mA, time, algorithm, pitch) to best demonstrate anatomy and pathology in studies such as those performed for the head, neck, chest, abdomen, pelvis and musculoskeletal.
- Modifies protocols as indicated by presence of pathology or trauma
- May perform special procedures such as-but not limited to-3-D studies, biopsies, drainage and aspiration, post myelography, CT arthrography, CT angiography, cardiac gating and interventional CT )
- Evaluates images on video display screen for diagnostic quality and presence of artifacts;evaluates videotapes and computer generated information for technical quality; takes corrective action as indicated to ensure image quality
- Photographs/films images/scans utilizing appropriate window/level settings and formats; archives images and data.
- Minimum one (1) year of experience as a CT technologist within the past two (2) years or two (2) years' experience as a staff technologist with successful completion of the department CT training program.
- Per the National Agreement, current KP Coalition employees have this experience requirement waived.
- CRT ARRT CPR (BLS-C) AHA approved course) (must be obtained during the probationary period).
- Minimum two (2) years of clinical experience as a Computed Tomography Technologist, preferably in an acute care medical center Experience with GE CT scanners Additional training in the use and practices of Computed Tomography Certificate of advanced qualification: ARRT---CT Experience with 3D post processing Experience with PACS
- Shift: Graves and every other weekend. Hours: 2000-0430. Shifts, hours, and/or locations may vary based on operational need.
Kaiser Permanente is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, parental status, ancestry, disability, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information, other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or any other protected status. Submit Interest