Support the Bottom Line — and the Big Picture
Create the financial strategies that affect our patients, medical centers, and future. On this team, you'll provide the strategy recommendations that drive operational and process improvement, as well as face challenging opportunities to influence the future of health care.
Credit SpecialistLocation: San Diego, CA Additional Locations:
Job Number: 871914 Date posted: 03/12/2020
- Utilization of Outside Collection Agencies (OCAs) and outside counsel.
- Creation and monitoring of payment plans.
- Bankruptcy management including communications and filings with the court.
- NSF Check correspondence and collection efforts.
- Provide collection status and recommendations to Manager of California Collections.
- The Collection Specialist of the California Collections Department is responsible for effectively following the California Collection Processes after responsibility for the purchaser is transferred from the San Diego CSC.
- Minimum five (5) years of work experience.
- Bachelor's degree in related field, OR four (4) years of experience in a directly related field.
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) required.
License, Certification, Registration
- Excellent spreadsheet (Excel), word processing (Word), and database skills required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills required.
- Understanding of systems development life cycle, change control, quality assurance and database concepts.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
About Accounting, Finance, & Actuarial Careers
Members of our accounting team support corporate projects and lend insight to areas such as financial reporting, tax planning and preparation, and audit management. This team also includes our audit professionals, who partner with financial and operational groups across the organization to analyze budgets and streamline procedures.
Supporting critical business functions such as financial services, national Medicare finance, strategic planning, auditing, and corporate finance, our finance professionals develop the strategies that enable us to meet our financial goals.
Applying probability and statistics to the practical problems of insurance, our actuarial team performs a variety of duties, including calculating the cost of premiums and policy values, preparing statistical studies, and forecasting financial results.
See What People are Saying About Working at KP
January 11, 2020
- Positive Outlook
- Approves of CEO
I have been working at Kaiser Permanente full-time for more than a year
Interesting and challenging projects, excellent benefits, awesome co-workers, and ability to work from homeFull Review
Come introduce yourself to a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to meeting you in person.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs.