Customer Implementation Consultant 2
Navigating the Hiring Process
We're here to support you!
Having trouble with your account or have questions on the hiring process?
Please visit the FAQ page on our website for assistance.
Need help with your computer and browser settings?
Do you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability?
A reasonable accommodation is any modification or adjustment that enables you to fully participate in completing the following:
- Online Submissions
- Pre-Hire Assessments
- Interview Process
Please submit your accommodation request and an HR Representative will contact you.
Oversees fully insured and self-funded group installation processes across multiple regions and multiple functional areas. Monitors installation activities for new and renewing national and regional groups, and will actively manage tasks, processes and time lines always keeping the customer at the forefront. Partners with sales and account management to support the customer through the installation process and to positively impact the customer experience. Resolves issues during the installation process and/or escalate potential issues to department Managers, National Leads or National Directors. May be responsible for creating and distributing installation plans, reports, summaries and hand-off documentation. May be responsible for supporting project initiatives, gap analysis, implementing lessons learned, training and mentoring of new staff. May be responsible for looking for opportunities for process improvement and influence change.
- Case Installation:
- Manage the overall installation of new and approved renewing accounts (mainly standard and some complex).
- Function as a main point of contact for the customer during the account installation.
- Partner with Sales and Account Management, Regional Case Installation Teams, Regional Functional Areas (e.g. CSC, Membership Administration, Benefits, Contracts) to ensure a successful account installation.
- Coordinate tasks and maintain installation time lines across multiple regions and multiple functional areas, working with department Directors and Managers.
- Ensure functional departments understand and comply with established processing and customer commitment dates.
- Create installation checklists, time lines and plans and communicate to the customer.
- Track all installation activities using a reportable database and monitor those activities to identify potential risks or known issues. Use database to report on group-specific activities or summary statistics.
- Resolve issues during the installation and renewal processes, working directly with regional contacts and functional departments to ensure installations comply with standard processes guidelines.
- Monitor the reconciliation of application, enrollment and fulfillment processes such as ID cards, Member Handbooks, EOC and Provider Directories. Resolve or escalate inconsistencies identified.
- Coordinate Installation meetings with National Sales, Account Management, Brokers and/or Employer Groups.
- Facilitate seamless hand-off to National Account Management staff, supported by group-specific reporting metrics, issue review and installation processing summary.
- Develop strong cross functional relationships to partner and support Sales and Account Management and to ensure that the National Case Installation process is used.
- Provide leadership to cross functional regional work teams in establishing approach to support national, multiregional and total replacement accounts.
- The incumbent routinely interacts with Customers, National Sales and Account Management, National and Regional Partners, Provider Relations, Provider Contracting, and Claims Managers, KPIT Managers, SFAS Staff, Third Party Claims Administrator, and other outside vendors.
- Minimum five (5) years account services, case installation/implementation, project/program management, operations and/or relevant experience in a directly related field required.
- Bachelors degree in business administration, Health Care Administration or a related field, OR four (4) years of experience in a directly related field.
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) required.
- Working knowledge of Self-Funding and Fully Insured Healthplans.
- Understanding of healthcare insurance products and processing.
- Ability to educate and influence complex, cross-functional business partners on Self-Funded products and administration.
- Ability to define, develop, document and implement formal Policies and Procedures related to Self-Funded products and services.
- Thorough understanding of and experience in managed care and all health insurance products, including self-funded.
- Knowledge of the health insurance market.
- Knowledge of Commercial and/or Self-Funded billing requirements and claims adjudication practices.
- Broad knowledge of health plan administration and operational needs for Self-Funded products.
- Strong interpersonal skills, especially specific to persuasion and negotiation.
- Demonstrated ability in influence operational management.
- Demonstrated ability to determine the key risks that need to be addressed and develop actions plans that are multi-faceted in nature and include both business process.
- Preferred more than five (5) years account services, case installation/ implementation, operations and/or relevant experience within the health insurance industry, including project/program management experience, with successive levels of accountability and results.
Walnut Creek Scheduled Weekly Hours: 40 Shift: Day Workdays: Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri Working Hours Start: 08:00 AM Working Hours End: 05:00 PM Job Schedule: Full-time Job Type: Standard Employee Status: Regular Employee Group/Union Affiliation: NUE-PO-01|NUE|Non Union Employee Job Level: Individual Contributor Department: Po/Ho Corp - National Case Installation - 0315 Pay Range: $94400 - $122100 / year The ranges posted above reflect the location in the job posting. The salary range may vary if you reside in a different location or state than the location posted. Travel: Yes, 5 % of the Time At Kaiser Permanente, equity, inclusion and diversity are inextricably linked to our mission, and we aim to make it a part of everything we do. We know that having a diverse and inclusive workforce makes Kaiser Permanente a better place to receive health care, a more supportive partner in our communities we serve, and a more fulfilling place to work. Working at Kaiser Permanente means that you agree to and abide by our commitment to equity and our expectation that we all work together to create an inclusive work environment focused on a sense of belonging and wellbeing.
Kaiser Permanente is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, parental status, ancestry, disability, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information, other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or any other protected status. Submit Interest