Data Management Intermediate, MBE User Acceptance Testing (UAT)Location: San Diego, CA Additional Locations:
Job Number: 765319 Date posted: 02/26/2019
Includes design, testing, implementation, control and maintenance of organization's logical and relational databases across platforms and computing environments.
- Project Management: Plans and coordinates projects and assigned activities. Demonstrates effective use of Time Management for assigned activities.
- Meta Data Repository: Maintains content of current information repository. Populates information repository and deploys updates. Performs quality assurance and consistency checking under guidance of higher level resources.
- Data Design (logical): Assists in the development of detailed project data models in conjunction with clients and staff. Coordinates publication/deployment of these models.
- Database Development (physical): Assists in the physical design, testing, and implementation of the organization's databases.
- Database Performance: Produces performance reports that assist with capacity planning, database modeling, forecasting and tuning. Develops performance evaluation report formats. Supports lower level resources as work relates to performing tasks. Works under the direction of higher level resources.
- Communications: Articulates own work products to project team.
- Technology Evaluation: Gathers data and presents data to project team.
- Methodologies and Standards: Assists in the development of new methodologies/standards for supporting information management.
- Database Management and Support Tools: Assists in implementing, configuring and maintaining database management and support tools under direction of higher level resources.
- Client Consulting: Assists higher level resources in consulting with clients and development areas in the design and implementation of simple, well-defined projects. Consults with clients to determine database requirements.
- Training/Mentoring: Provides coaching to staff on tools, systems procedures and policies. Ensures knowledge transfer to lower level resources in performing specific documented tasks or procedures.
- Data Transformation: Develops, tests and implements simple extract and load routines with simple transformations.
- Database Maintenance: Provides first level problem diagnosis and resolution using a standardized approach. Corrects/fixes basic database problems independently. Provides basic preventive maintenance. Directs lower level resources in performing basic tasks. Escalates as necessary and provides problem resolutions.
- Minimum two (2) years of related experience in design, testing, implementation, control and maintenance of organization's logical and relational databases across platforms and computing environments.
- Bachelor's degree in related field, OR four (4) years of experience in a directly related field.
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) required.
Licenses, Certifications, Registrations
- Working knowledge of policies, practices and systems.
- Frequent use and general knowledge of industry practices, techniques, and standards.
- General application of concepts and principles.
- Full use and application of standard principles, theories, concepts, and techniques.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
- Medicare experience preferred.
- Testing experience preferred.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
See What People are Saying About Working at KP
Oct 10, 2018
"Happy KP employee"
- Positive Outlook
I have been working at Kaiser Permanente full-time (More than 5 years)
I have worked for Kaiser Permanente for just over 5 years. They are great company that has been nothing but supportive in helping move toward my career goals, including helping me pay for my Masters degree. They have also been a dream to work with during two maternity leaves.Full Review
Come introduce yourself to a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to meeting you in person.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs.