Driving Care Initiatives
From designing and leading complex programs to analyzing and translating business capabilities into powerful solutions, your expertise helps shape the future of health care.
Data Management Senior (Business Configuration)Location: San Diego, CA Additional Locations:
Job Number: 848506 Date posted: 12/24/2019
Includes design, testing, implementation, control and maintenance of organization's logical and relational databases across platforms and computing environments.
- Project Management: Manages small to medium size projects. Develops and executes project plans. Provides project reporting to project sponsor under guidance of higher level resource.
- Meta Data Repository: Develops data definitions consistent with data management standards and conventions. Defines meta data structures for information repository and performs model management.
- Data Design (logical): Analyzes business information requirements and translates these into logical database designs. Collaborates with physical database designers to develop alternative solutions for meeting complex and conflicting requirements. Develops data definitions consistent with data management standards and conventions. Participates in model integration and convergence activities.
- Database Development (physical): Develops, tests and implements the organization's physical databases across multiple platforms, technologies and computing environments.
- Database Performance: Provides support to Lead in capacity planning, forecasting, and tuning. Develops performance/tuning evaluation reports.
- Communications: Communicates business/information models to clients, developers and database designers. Communicates database designs to data analyst and application programming staff.
- Technology Evaluation: Researches and evaluates alternative database solutions and recommends the most efficient and cost-effective solution for the project, ensuring consistency with enterprise direction.
- Methodologies and Standards: Recommends development of or adoption/incorporation of new methodologies and standards for supporting information management.
- Database Management and Support Tools: Implements, configures and customizes database management and support tools.
- Client Consulting: Consults with clients and development areas in the design and implementation of small to medium projects. Consults with clients to determine information management requirements.
- Training/Mentoring: Provides direction, guidance, and technical support to clients, applications, and operations areas. Develops technical and analytical skills of lower level resources.
- Data Transformation: Designs, develops and tests complex transformation extract s and load routines.
- Database Maintenance: Provides second level diagnosis and resolution of database problems. Works with vendor personnel, if necessary, to achieve timely solutions of database problems. Escalates as necessary and provides problem resolutions.
- Minimum five (5) years of related experience in design, testing, implementation, control and maintenance of organization's logical and relational databases across platforms and computing environments.
- Bachelor's degree in related field, OR four (4) years of experience in a directly related field.
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) required.
Licenses, Certifications, Registrations
- Thorough knowledge of policies, practices and systems.
- Complete understanding and application of principles, concepts, practices, and standards.
- Full knowledge of industry practices.
- Broad application of principles, theories, and concepts in applicable discipline, plus working knowledge of other related fields.
Three (3) years
experience working on cross-functional project teams and developing
code/configuring build activities frontend and backend (SQL)
Three (3) years
experience working for a Health Care Organization.
Two (2) years experience
working on projects or programs requiring the integration of
cross-functional technology and/or business solutions.
Knowledge of Health
Plan terminology, Medical Coding (e.g. CPT4, ICD-10, and HCPCS),
Eligibility and Enrollment Concepts, common Membership and Administration
practices and general health plan functions.
Centers for Medicare
& Medicaid Services State and Federal Regulations Knowledge.
Experience in Standard
Operating Procedures (SOP) and Root Cause Analysis (RCA).
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
About Consulting Services & Project/program Management (non-it) Careers
Consulting Services & Project/program Management (non-it) Careers
These careers consist of Program and Project Managers, Business Consultants, Business Analysts, and Data Analysts who all work together to effect positive organizational change from the inside out.
Join our talented team and make a difference through performing business analysis, developing business cases, providing client support during system development and implementation, managing projects, or by leading complex programs with multiple work streams.
See What People are Saying About Working at KP
Mar 26, 2019
"The best job I have ever had!"
- Positive Outlook
- Approves of CEO
I have been working at Kaiser Permanente full-time for more than a year
Real focus on creating higher quality, more affordable healthcare. Talented coworkers and great mentors. Fabulous benefits.Full Review
Come introduce yourself to a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to meeting you in person.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs.