Data Management SeniorLocation: San Diego, CA Job Number: 923071 Date posted: 12/18/2020
View Disability Accomodations
Navigating the Hiring Process
We're here to support you!
Having trouble with your account or have questions on the hiring process?
Please visit the FAQ page on our website for assistance.
Need help with your computer and browser settings?
Do you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability?
A reasonable accommodation is any modification or adjustment that enables you to fully participate in completing the following:
- Online Submissions
- Pre-Hire Assessments
- Interview Process
Please submit your accommodation request and an HR Representative will contact you.
Includes design, testing, implementation, control and maintenance of organization's logical and relational databases across platforms and computing environments.
- Project Management: Manages small to medium size projects. Develops and executes project plans. Provides project reporting to project sponsor under guidance of higher level resource.
- Meta Data Repository: Develops data definitions consistent with data management standards and conventions. Defines meta data structures for information repository and performs model management.
- Data Design (logical): Analyzes business information requirements and translates these into logical database designs. Collaborates with physical database designers to develop alternative solutions for meeting complex and conflicting requirements. Develops data definitions consistent with data management standards and conventions. Participates in model integration and convergence activities.
- Database Development (physical): Develops, tests and implements the organization's physical databases across multiple platforms, technologies and computing environments.
- Database Performance: Provides support to Lead in capacity planning, forecasting, and tuning. Develops performance/tuning evaluation reports.
- Communications: Communicates business/information models to clients, developers and database designers. Communicates database designs to data analyst and application programming staff.
- Technology Evaluation: Researches and evaluates alternative database solutions and recommends the most efficient and cost-effective solution for the project, ensuring consistency with enterprise direction.
- Methodologies and Standards: Recommends development of or adoption/incorporation of new methodologies and standards for supporting information management.
- Database Management and Support Tools: Implements, configures and customizes database management and support tools.
- Client Consulting: Consults with clients and development areas in the design and implementation of small to medium projects. Consults with clients to determine information management requirements.
- Training/Mentoring: Provides direction, guidance, and technical support to clients, applications, and operations areas. Develops technical and analytical skills of lower level resources.
- Data Transformation: Designs, develops and tests complex transformation extract s and load routines.
- Database Maintenance: Provides second level diagnosis and resolution of database problems. Works with vendor personnel, if necessary, to achieve timely solutions of database problems. Escalates as necessary and provides problem resolutions.
• Minimum five (5) years of related experience in design, testing, implementation, control and maintenance of organization's logical and relational databases across platforms and computing environments.
• Bachelor's degree in related field, OR four (4) years of experience in a directly related field.
• High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) required.
Licenses, Certifications, Registrations
• Thorough knowledge of policies, practices and systems.
• Complete understanding and application of principles, concepts, practices, and standards.
• Full knowledge of industry practices.
• Broad application of principles, theories, and concepts in applicable discipline, plus working knowledge of other related fields.
• Preferred knowledge and experience with Alteryx.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
Connect with a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to seeing you!
Join Kaiser Permanente's Talent Network
Sign up to receive information about opportunities that relate to your interests.