Support Starts With You
The backbone of our care team, you will greatly impact the work of our clinicians and physicians as well as improve our patients' experiences.
Echo Tech ILocation: San Diego, CA Additional Locations:
Otay Mesa Medical Offices 4650 Palm Ave., 4650 Palm Ave., San Diego,California, 92154
San Diego Medical Center 4647 Zion Ave., 4647 Zion Ave., San Diego,California, 92120
Vandever Medical Offices 4405 Vandever St., 4405 Vandever St., San Diego,California, 92120
San Marcos Medical Offices 2 400 Craven Rd., 400 Craven Rd., San Marcos,California, 92069
San Diego Medical Center 9455 Clairemont Mesa Blvd, 9455 Clairemont Mesa Blvd., San Diego,California, 92123 Job Number: 767997 Date posted: 02/05/2019
Under general supervision, performs cardiac ultrasonic procedures, obtains necessary images, prepares study for interpretation by cardiologist, reviews data and may confer with medical personnel regarding results, reviews medical record to identify significant medical history to anticipate possible impact on test, and performs other related duties.
- Upholds Kaiser Permanente's Policies and Procedures, Principles of Responsibilities and applicable state, federal and local laws.
- Performs echocardiogram procedure 1.1 Utilizes ultrasound modalities of 2-0, M-Mode, color flow, and Doppler Testing for visualization of all possible cardiac structures, prosthesis, and pertinent arterial and venous anatomy and flow of blood. 1.2 Obtains patient's history and records information in patient's chart. 1.3 Positions patient and manipulates equipment to obtain desired quality and quantity of images for cardiologist's diagnostic interpretation. 1 .4 Confirms or excludes all possible primary and/or secondary findings based on provided clinical information. 1 .5. Records/documents, edits, and calculates all tests to provide sufficient data in all pediatric and adult exams.
- Confers with cardiologist concerning special patients to determine if areas other than those considered standard for a particular problem are to be imaged.
- Assists physician with Transesophageal Echograms procedures. 3.1 Adjusts and sets-up equipment, checks functionality of equipment, sterilizes probe, orders and maintains supplies.
- Performs minor adjustments on the ultrasonic equipment and arranges service for any major repairs.
- Responds immediately to Stat requests from physicians for patient ultrasonic examinations and relays findings to referring physician by phone or by transmittal of examination reports.
- Maintains files and logs of all procedures to include recording on daily logs, processing reports, filing charts and tapes, pulling tapes and setting-up for physician review, indexing interesting cases for retrieval.
- Orders and maintains supplies.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Assume other activities and responsibilities from time to time as directed.
- Graduate of an accredited echocardiography program or equivalent on the job training. Registered Diagnostic Medical Sonographer/Registered Diagnostic Cardiography Sonographer or registry eligible in Echocardiography.
License, Certification, Registration
- Ability to operate equipment to secure satisfactory recordings.
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions.
- Ability to maneuver echocardiograph equipment which may exceed 500 lbs.
- Minimum of one (1) year experience in echocardiography with Doppler.
- Preferred pedi experience or desire to become pediatric trained.
- Must be registered.
- Will be required to work weekends, holidays, and take call on a quarterly basis.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
About Clinical Support Careers
Clinical Support Careers
Supporting members and patients as vital members of our care delivery team, our patient care services professionals include our medical assistants, sterile processing technicians, surgical technicians, nursing assistants, and so much more.
There is a deep breadth of clinical support career options that allow medical professionals to deliver quality health care to our patients. These roles are critical, instrumental, and unique, with a variety of career settings (inpatient, outpatient, home care) and departments. Opportunities to develop oneself, grow professionally, and transfer to new roles/locations make these roles especially rewarding.
Discover the KP Difference
Visionary. Rewarding. Essential. These words describe the powerful work we do. Looking for more reasons to join our proud team? We've got ten compelling reasons right here!
Communication is vital to what we do every day. We value those who enhance our team with essential bilingual skills — allowing us to provide quality, inclusive care to everyone in our communities.
See What People are Saying About Working at KP
Come introduce yourself to a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to meeting you in person.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs.