Employee Development Starts With You
Our employees depend on our education and training professionals to foster their growth and professional development — helping to ensure we continue providing world-class care.
Health & Wellness Coach/Coordinator, Bilingual/Spanish Required (20 hours per week)Location: San Diego, CA Additional Locations:
West Annex - Parsons 74 N. Pasadena Ave., 74 N. Pasadena Ave., Pasadena,California, 91103
General Dynamics NASSCO Clinic 2798 E. Harbor Dr., 2798 E. Harbor Dr., San Diego,California, 92113 Job Number: 854483 Date posted: 01/08/2020
- Develops and/or coordinates training programs, which include orientation, job content, technology and customer service for management and area personnel.
- May collaborate with training vendor.
- Works with central training area to identify training resource materials and personnel.
- Maintains training schedule for team members.
- Conducts training and/or arranges for guest lecturers/trainers covering technical issues, new products/services, individual on-the-job training, and new-hire orientation.
- Produces periodic reports outlining training needs accompanied with recommendations and implications, such as changes in operations, budget or quality.
- Assesses the effectiveness of training programs.
- Makes recommendations for improvements.
- Establishes a project plan and conducts cost/benefit analysis for any recommendations made to area management.
- May organize multi-disciplinary project teams.
- Follows established training procedures to identify, deliver, and track training programs.
- Creates partnerships with other KP and HR departments to ensure consistency of policies and procedures.
- Maintains current knowledge of area functions, customer service and quality improvement literature, research and projects.
- Kaiser Permanente conducts compensation reviews of positions on a routine basis.
- At any time, Kaiser Permanente reserves the right to re-evaluate and change job descriptions, or to change such positions from salaried to hourly pay status. Such changes are generally implemented only after notice is given to affected employees.
- Minimum four (4) years of experience developing and conducting training programs on a variety of subjects.
- Bachelor's degree in education, psychology or other relevant field, OR four (4) years of experience in a directly related field.
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) required.
License, Certification, Registration
- Experience in training needs assessment and gap analysis.
- Experience in curriculum development and instructional design required.
- Must have exceptional verbal and written communication and presentation skills.
- Demonstrated ability in quantitative and qualitative analysis.
- User knowledge of desktop and word processing software required.
- May require some traveling throughout the state.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
- Master's degree preferred.
- Certified Health Education Specialist, Certified Wellness Coach, Registered Dietitian, Physical Education/Exercise Physiology.
- Working with adults in health promotion (obesity, diabetes, tobacco, stress) and prevention.
- Vision for improving employee health; chronic conditions education/management.
- Knowledge of Adult learning theory & Health Behavior Change.
- Skilled in Motivational Interviewing.
- Public speaking ability across wide range of audiences.
- Ability to walk and lead physical activities throughout the workday.
- Ability to lift 35 pounds Drive within SCAL.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) Level II required.
- Job not within a Kaiser Permanente facility but stationed in a work site deploying wellness initiatives across several administrative and shipyard locations.
- Must successfully pass or have passed the bilingual test (within the last 12 months), or be active in the QBS program.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
About Education & Training Careers
Careers In Education & Training
Our education and training teams dedicate their attention to the ongoing development of our many health and business professionals to improve the overall performance of the organization. Work includes identifying training needs, designing learning strategies, defining instructional courses, and harboring an ongoing commitment to leadership development, organizational effectiveness, and instructional management.
See What People are Saying About Working at KP
Mar 26, 2019
"The best job I have ever had!"
- Positive Outlook
- Approves of CEO
I have been working at Kaiser Permanente full-time for more than a year
Real focus on creating higher quality, more affordable healthcare. Talented coworkers and great mentors. Fabulous benefits.Full Review
Come introduce yourself to a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to meeting you in person.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs.