Support Starts With You
The backbone of our care team, you will greatly impact the work of our clinicians and physicians as well as improve our patients' experiences.
Lead OptometristLocation: San Diego, CA Additional Locations:
Bonita Medical Offices Building B 3955 Bonita Rd., 3955 Bonita Rd., Chula Vista,California, 91902
Carlsbad Medical Offices 6860 Avenida Encinas, 6860 Avenida Encinas, Carlsbad,California, 92008
Clairemont Mesa Medical Offices 7060 Clairemont Me, 7060 Clairemont Mesa Blvd., San Diego,California, 92111
El Cajon Medical Offices 250 Travelodge Dr., 250 Travelodge Dr., El Cajon,California, 92020
Escondido Medical Offices 732 N. Broadway, 732 N. Broadway, Escondido,California, 92025
La Mesa Medical Offices 8080 Parkway Dr., 8080 Parkway Dr., La Mesa,California, 91942
Otay Mesa Medical Offices 4650 Palm Ave., 4650 Palm Ave., San Diego,California, 92154
Vista Medical Offices 780 Shadowridge Dr., 780 Shadowridge Dr., Vista,California, 92083 Job Number: 857351 Date posted: 02/20/2020
Successful applicant must be able to perform and evaluate low vision patients.
Provides visual examinations, including for pathology. Conducts detection and differential diagnosis of abnormal visual, ocular and/or systematic conditions. Provides complete high quality optometric/vision care services to members. In addition to the regular duties of the Staff Optometrist, the Lead Optometrist is responsible for communicating with and assisting the Coordinating Optometrist regarding staffing, equipment and operational issues at the facility level.
- Upholds Kaiser Permanente's Policies and Procedures, Principles of Responsibilities and applicable state, federal and local laws.
- Provides functional direction to staff Troubleshoots and problem solves escalated member issues when the Staff Optometrist has taken appropriate steps to handle and the issue remains unresolved.
- Applies organizational skills and creativity in promoting the successful operation of the facility/department.
- Works with staff to promote organizational and departmental goals.
- Assists in scheduling.
- Monitors minimum staffing levels and requests for schedule changes.
- Monitors and informs Coordinating Optometrist of operational/staffing problems.
- Communicates and cooperates with other departments.
- Orients new staff Performs other duties as dictated by location needs.
- Performs the regular duties of the Staff Optometrist as listed in the Staff Optometrist job description as follows:
- Provides treatment of the visual system within the scope of optometric licensure, including writing prescriptions for ophthalmic spectacles, contact lenses, orthoptics and non-optical aids.
- Provides additional specialized testing and therapy such as contact lens examinations, visual fields (perimetry), tonometry, orthoptics (for therapy of amblyopia, suppression, diplopia, extraocular muscle problems and associated conditions), low vision evaluation (for the diagnosis and treatment of patients with subnormal vision not correctable with standard ophthalmic appliances), fluorescein angiography (for diagnosing and documenting ocular conditions) and ocular photography (for photo examination of the external and internal structures of the eye under the direction of Ophthalmology).
- Maintains compliance with all current organizational, state and federal regulations pertaining to Optometry.
- Reports and coordinates with the Coordinating Optometrists to ensure member satisfaction and promote financial viability of the Permanente Vision Services Program.
- Works effectively as team member with other areas of Vision Services which includes Optical Lab and Optical Dispensing.
- Promotes member satisfaction by ensuring the provision of a high level of quality of service and care.
- Establishes and maintains courteous and cooperative relations with the public, patients and other personnel.
- May perform other duties as required.
- Graduate of a school or college of Optometry accredited by the State Board of Optometry.
License, Certification, Registration
- Current California license from the State Board of Optometry.
- California certificate to use Therapeutic Pharmaceutical Agents.
- National Provider Identifier (NPI) required as of May 23, 2007.
- Ability to demonstrate knowledge of and to apply the principles, theories, practices and techniques of optometric practice, including anatomy, physiology, pathology and mechanics of the human eye, visual processes and detailed knowledge of ocular pharmacology and therapeutics.
- Must be able to work evenings and Saturdays.
- May rotate to other MOB's within the Medical Center Service Area*.
- Lead Position at Vanderver clinic.
- Varied hours, but will be assigned to work at least one (1) evening per week.
- Depending on seniority, may be part of the Saturday rotation at all Optometry clinics.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
About Clinical Support Careers
Clinical Support Careers
Supporting members and patients as vital members of our care delivery team, our patient care services professionals include our medical assistants, sterile processing technicians, surgical technicians, nursing assistants, and so much more.
There is a deep breadth of clinical support career options that allow medical professionals to deliver quality health care to our patients. These roles are critical, instrumental, and unique, with a variety of career settings (inpatient, outpatient, home care) and departments. Opportunities to develop oneself, grow professionally, and transfer to new roles/locations make these roles especially rewarding.
Discover the KP Difference
Visionary. Rewarding. Essential. These words describe the powerful work we do. Looking for more reasons to join our proud team? We've got ten compelling reasons right here!
Communication is vital to what we do every day. We value those who enhance our team with essential bilingual skills — allowing us to provide quality, inclusive care to everyone in our communities.
See What People are Saying About Working at KP
Come introduce yourself to a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to meeting you in person.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs.