Leader Medical Informatics MD SSD (Durational - 6 months to hire)
Navigating the Hiring Process
We're here to support you!
Having trouble with your account or have questions on the hiring process?
Please visit the FAQ page on our website for assistance.
Need help with your computer and browser settings?
Do you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability?
A reasonable accommodation is any modification or adjustment that enables you to fully participate in completing the following:
- Online Submissions
- Pre-Hire Assessments
- Interview Process
Please submit your accommodation request and an HR Representative will contact you.
The Physician Informatics Specialist serves as a liaison between KPHC and SCPMG. Leveraging both clinical knowledge with informatics knowledge, the specialist provides innovative solutions utilizing informatics best practices which include appropriate use of standards and design to create scalable, maintainable solutions. The Physician Informatics Specialist ensures technical solutions not only aid in the daily individual physician needs but also support organizational/administrative needs such as reporting, epidemiological surveillance and population management.
Using a blend of clinical knowledge, technical expertise and project management skills, the candidate will lead various informatics projects. The projects can cover a broad range of applications including, but not limited to, natural language processing, data analytics, predictive modeling, and clinical decision support. The ideal candidate is expected to have substantial technical skills that can be used to create prototypes of applications to refine requirements. The candidate will partner with our application development team to transform prototypes and requirements into production products. The candidate will also be involved with developing education and training relating to various projects. A background in SQL will help the candidate obtain relevant data and use the data to identify opportunities to enhance the clinical workflow. Expertise in technical build within Epic will help the candidate propose and design solutions. The candidate will leverage leadership and management skills to present innovative solutions, obtain feedback, and foster agreement with a wide range of audiences.
- Leads system redesign/ improvement to facilitate clinical, operational, and organizational objectives.
- Leads knowledge management for KPHC.
- Ensures appropriate use of medical informatics standards.
- Develops best practice and strategies for KPHC.
- Supports the data needs of key stakeholders.
- Conducts evaluation and interpretation of KPHC solutions.
- Applies medical informatics to enhance patient care, population health, and support organizational priorities.
- Provides leadership and expert consultation on the design, development, and implementation of process and programs related to KPHC.
- Collaborates with other physicians, leaders to provide support to regional and CSA leadership in the pursuit and attainment of organizational goals.
- Fosters a customer oriented work environment with emphasis on dedication to helping customers, respect for individuals, highest standards of quality, innovation, empowerment, and teamwork by developing and implementing policies and practices that reflect the vision of Kaiser Permanente.
- Minimum five (5) years experience as a Physician Informatics Specialist or completion of an informatics fellowship from a formal informatics program.
- Minimum 3 years leadership management experience required when direct supervisory responsibilities are necessary for the job.
- M.D. with medical informatics/computer science and epidemiology training.
- Substantial experience with electronic medical records, standardized vocabularies, clinical reporting, database management, and decision support.
- In depth, practical knowledge of the health care system, health informatics, and computer science.
- Experience with developing user interfaces in health care applications.
- Knowledgeable in health informatics networks, messaging, security, data modeling, information retrieval and indexing.
- Experience implementing evidence based medicine into computer applications/ decision support systems.
- Prior experience with implementation of electronic health systems, personal health records, and/or electronic consumer health solutions.
- Ability to combine the principles of study design and statistical analysis to determine efficacy of solutions.
- Substantial experience in health care consulting and project management.
- Demonstrated ability to determine the key business issues and appropriate action plans from multidisciplinary perspectives.
- Demonstrated ability to lead professionals through influence collaboration.
- Demonstrated ability to define the strategy of and provide overall direction to a specified practice area.
- Excellent skills in complex analytic problem solving, project management, change management, and group process.
- Understanding of KP operations and competitors, and economic, social, and legal environment.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
- Durational Position: 6 months to hire.
- All qualified SCAL and NCAL candidates will be considered
Kaiser Permanente is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, parental status, ancestry, disability, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information, other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or any other protected status. Submit Interest