Employee Development Starts With You
Our employees depend on our education and training professionals to foster their growth and professional development — helping to ensure we continue providing world-class care.
Lifestyle Educator I-Bilingual SpanishLocation: San Diego, CA Additional Locations:
Bostonia Medical Offices 1630 E. Main St., 1630 E. Main St., El Cajon,California, 92021
El Cajon Medical Offices 250 Travelodge Dr., 250 Travelodge Dr., El Cajon,California, 92020
Escondido Medical Offices 732 N. Broadway, 732 N. Broadway, Escondido,California, 92025
La Mesa Medical Offices 8080 Parkway Dr., 8080 Parkway Dr., La Mesa,California, 91942
Otay Mesa Medical Offices No. 2 4660 Palm Ave., 4660 Palm Ave., San Diego,California, 92154
Vandever Medical Offices 4405 Vandever St., 4405 Vandever St., San Diego,California, 92120
Carmel Valley Medical Offices, 3851 Shaw Ridge Rd., San Diego,California, 92130
Viewridge 1 Medical Offices, 5251 Viewridge Ct., San Diego,California, 92123
San Marcos Medical Offices 4 400 Craven Rd., 400 Craven Rd., San Marcos,California, 92069
Oceanside Ranch Del Oro Medical Offices Rocky Poin, Rocky Point Dr. @ Trestles, Oceanside,California, 92056
Bonita Job Number: 816795 Date posted: 08/15/2019
- Facilitates behavior/education change groups and/or individual consulting established within theory-based practice.
- Identifies education and needs of patients.
- Implements instructional objectives and counseling strategies based upon need assessments.
- May track, evaluate and document patient progress towards identified goals.
- May Provide individual short term or long term counseling to promote or maintain behavior change.
- Serves as a patient advocate in the coordination and delivery of services both within the organization and the community.
- Provides in-services and training to staff members, as assigned.
- Prepares reports as assigned.
- Provides input into the development and modification of program curriculum, support materials and activities.
- NOTE: Must be able to work flexible hours, evening hours as required.
- PAY RATE: Scale.
- Bachelor's degree, certification and/or four (4) years of experience in area of instruction or related field.
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) required.
License, Certification, Registration
- Knowledge of educational psychology, behavior change, adult learning theory, educational methodologies, and organization behavior.
- Demonstrated ability to utilize interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills and group facilitator/process skills.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
Bilingual Spanish Required.
Minimum one (1) year of experience in education or counseling preferred.
- Previous teaching experience preferred.
- Computer literacy preferred.
Educational Background: Nutrition, Kinesiology, Exercise Physiology, Public
Relevant Certifications for Position: CHES, NASM, ACE, NSCA, ACSM
Preferred Behavior Change Skills: Motivational Interviewing, Adult Learning
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
About Education & Training Careers
Careers In Education & Training
Our education and training teams dedicate their attention to the ongoing development of our many health and business professionals to improve the overall performance of the organization. Work includes identifying training needs, designing learning strategies, defining instructional courses, and harboring an ongoing commitment to leadership development, organizational effectiveness, and instructional management.
See What People are Saying About Working at KP
Mar 26, 2019
"The best job I have ever had!"
- Positive Outlook
- Approves of CEO
I have been working at Kaiser Permanente full-time for more than a year
Real focus on creating higher quality, more affordable healthcare. Talented coworkers and great mentors. Fabulous benefits.Full Review
Come introduce yourself to a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to meeting you in person.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs.