Lifestyle Educator II
Navigating the Hiring Process
We're here to support you!
Having trouble with your account or have questions on the hiring process?
Please visit the FAQ page on our website for assistance.
Need help with your computer and browser settings?
Do you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability?
A reasonable accommodation is any modification or adjustment that enables you to fully participate in completing the following:
- Online Submissions
- Pre-Hire Assessments
- Interview Process
Please submit your accommodation request and an HR Representative will contact you.
Facilitates monitors & evaluates specific lifestyle & behavior changes that contribute to the improvement of health by providing group & individual counseling, & instruction to health plan members & others.
- Facilitates behavior/education change groups and/or individual consulting established within theory-based practice
- Identifies educational and behavior change needs of patients by assessing patient supplied data, medical records, and other health data
- Implements instructional objectives and counseling strategies based upon needs assessments
- Provides individual short term or long term counseling to promote or maintain behavior change
- Serves as a patient advocate in the coordination and delivery of services both within the organization and the community
- Tracks, evaluates and documents patient progress towards identified goals
- Provides in-services and training to staff members, as assigned
- Consults with medical professionals, psycho-social professionals, other educators and managers regarding patient care issues
- Prepares reports, grants, proposals and documentation, as assigned
- Provides input into the development and modification for program curriculum, support materials and activities
- NOTE: Must be able to work flexible hours, evening hours as required
- PAY RATE: Scale
• Two (2) years of experience in health education or counseling preferred.
• Experience facilitating groups.
• Master's degree or above in area of instruction or related field.
• Ability to assist in the design, implementation and evaluation of appropriate educational strategies related to patient diagnosis and treatment.
• Knowledge of educational psychology, behavior change and adult learning theory, educational methodologies, and organizational behavior.
• Ability to establish rapport with patients and affect continued positive change relating to improved health and lifestyle.
• Demonstrated ability to apply effective communication skills both in individual and group environments. This includes demonstration of exceptional written and verbal skills
- MS in Psychology, Counseling or related field
- Experience facilitating groups with overweight and obese individuals.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.