Licensed Nurses & Physician Assistants
The Front Line of Patient Care
Our nurse professionals embody what it means to provide the best patient interactions possible. They also advance the art and science of nursing in a patient-centered, healing environment.
LVN BilingualLocation: San Diego, CA Job Number: 902381 Date posted: 10/15/2020
View Disability Accomodations
Navigating the Hiring Process
We're here to support you!
Having trouble with your account or have questions on the hiring process?
Please visit the FAQ page on our website for assistance.
Need help with your computer and browser settings?
Do you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability?
A reasonable accommodation is any modification or adjustment that enables you to fully participate in completing the following:
- Online Submissions
- Pre-Hire Assessments
- Interview Process
Please submit your accommodation request and an HR Representative will contact you.
Under direct supervision of an RN or provider performs routine patient care, excluding administration of IV medications and venipuncture, following established policies, procedures and standards; follows Quality of Service Standards; follows Universal Precautions.
- May perform nursing care functions such as vital signs, removal and/or application of dressings for assessment by licensed provider.
- Cleaning or irrigating wound after provider's assessment and instructions, shaving and skin preparation, ear washes, NG insertion&lavage, urinary catheter insertion&irrigation.
- Reinforce standardized self care procedures as directed by licensed provider.
- Recognizes and responds to acute emergency situation following established procedures.
- Orients patients to system policies and practices.
- Provides appropriate instruction sheets based upon provider direction.
- Reviews instruction sheet with patient.
- Administers medications, excluding IV medications, as ordered by provider.
- Observes and documents patients' response to medications and therapy.
- May perform tuberculin, coccidioidin and histoplasmin skin tests, provides such tests are part of a tuberculosis control program.
- May perform immunizations provides they are based upon written protocols.
- Completes necessary arrangements or organizes treatment rooms prior to surgical and/or examination procedures by setting up or laying out instruments, drapes and sponges contained in sterile trays and assembling equipment items as required for particular procedures as directed.
- May assist licensed provider with patient examinations and treatments by positioning, restraining patients, and assisting as directed.
- Provides assistance in treatment rooms during minor surgical procedures and/or various diagnostic examinations by positioning and draping.
- May hold clamps or retractors, sponge vascular areas, and pass instruments as specifically directed by the physician.
- Assures safety of patient during procedures.
- May prepare and transport items such as medical equipment and laboratory specimens.
- May clean and disinfect instruments/equipment according to standardized procedures.
- Follows Universal Precautions. Reports incidents of failure to follow procedures to Department Administrator or designee.
- Maintains departmental files, performing duties such as pulling file and assembling forms prior to appointment, and filing returned diagnostic reports as directed.
- Initiates and/or completes diagnostic rest forms per provider order, telephones prescriptions to pharmacies, relays medical information from physician to patient, and relays information from patient to physician.
- Charts in patient's medical record as indicated.
- May perform lab tests including urine dip-tests, acetone tests, hemoccult tests, tests to determine. PH, protein, PKU.
- May perform hearing and vision tests, glaucoma tests and visual acuities.
- Collects, by non-invasive and invasive techniques, and preserves specimens for testing, including urine, and sputum and stool.
- Participates in Department Quality Assurance activities.
- Performs other duties, as required, such as checking patients' medical records for incomplete data and relaying message to staff personnel.
- Note: Specific duties may vary depending on assignment.
- Note: Bold print indicates the differences between an MAII&LVN.
Licenses, Certifications, Registrations
- Current CA LVN license and BLS certification.
- Ability to give and follow verbal and written instructions.
- Ability to work effectively with the public.
- Demonstrated knowledge of sterile technique.
- Consistently demonstrates the knowledge, skills, abilities, and behaviors necessary to provide superior and culturally sensitive service to each other, to our members, and to customers, contracted providers, and vendors.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) QBS Level II required.
- Position may float to various current and future Central Primary Care locations.
- This position requires weekend shifts.
- Must successfully have passed the bilingual test (within the last 12 months), or be active in the QBS program.
Fordham Medical Offices 3250 Fordham St., 3250 Fordham St., San Diego,California, 92110
Carmel Valley Medical Offices, 3851 Shaw Ridge Rd., San Diego,California, 92130
San Diego Mobile Health Vehicle 1830 Alpine Blvd., 1830 Alpine Blvd., Alpine,California, 91901 Scheduled Weekly Hours: 40 Shift: Variable Workdays: Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri, Sat, Sun Working Hours Start: 7:00 AM Working Hours End: 10:00 PM Job Schedule: Full-time Job Type: Standard Employee Status: Regular Employee Group/Union Affiliation: OPEIU - Local 30 Job Level: Individual Contributor Job Category: Nursing Licensed Specialty: LVN / LPN Department: Primary Care Services Travel: Yes, 15 % of the Time Kaiser Permanente is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, parental status, ancestry, disability, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information, other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or any other protected status.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
Learn About Nursing & Physician Assistant Careers
Through professional practice and leadership, nurses at Kaiser Permanente continually advance the art and science of nursing. But we recognize that what we do is more than clinical practice. We believe that every interaction — whether it is with a patient, a colleague, a physician, or anyone else — has the potential to be extraordinary. And we find that approaching our daily routine with this in mind gives each and every action new meaning and allows us to focus on the moment, empowering us to deliver expert care.
No matter where you are in your nursing career, the size and scope of our organization means you have the resources, technology, tools, and support you need to make a lasting impact.
Physician Assistant Careers
Physician assistants play a powerful and important role in delivering high-quality, informative care. Working directly with patients, their families, colleagues, and supervising physicians, they are vital in defining the overall care experience.
Being a physician assistant at Kaiser Permanente is centered on promoting a healing environment — one that maintains a caring, comforting practice while honoring the unity of the whole patient: mind, body, and spirit.
Connect with a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to seeing you!