Manager II Ambulatory Care Department
Navigating the Hiring Process
We're here to support you!
Having trouble with your account or have questions on the hiring process?
Please visit the FAQ page on our website for assistance.
Need help with your computer and browser settings?
Do you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability?
A reasonable accommodation is any modification or adjustment that enables you to fully participate in completing the following:
- Online Submissions
- Pre-Hire Assessments
- Interview Process
Please submit your accommodation request and an HR Representative will contact you.
- Ensures that services meet members', physicians', and internal clients' needs in a changing and competitive health care market.
- Achieves integrated services across the continuum of care and manages and ensures continuous improvement of all clinical practices, services, and operations by designing and implementing systems, processes, and methods to evaluate and improve patient care.
- Participates as part of management team in formulating, implementing, and evaluating business plans/strategies and new models/methods of service delivery for ambulatory care services.
- Responsible for achieving both short-and long-term strategic, business, and financial goals/objectives.
- Ensures patient care staff provide the highest quality of care and are in compliance with the Nurse Practice Act, TJC, NCQA, federal, state, and local requirements.
- Collaborates with physicians, nursing, and other health care providers in establishing, implementing, and maintaining patient care and quality service standards to meet members' and internal clients' expectations.
- Acts as a patient advocate resolving patient care issues.
- Designs and evaluates processes to improve systems and patient care results across the continuum of care.
- Develops and monitors budgets and resource allocations.
- Monitors financial performance and identifies and implements strategies to reduce costs and improve quality of care/service.
- Determines the appropriate staff mix for department and develops processes to screen, interview, hire, train, and maintain the competency of all department staff.
- Provides for on going staff development.
- Develops, implements, and monitors departmental policies and procedures which support the organization's goals and business objectives and ensures they are met.
- Collaborates with Physician Team Leader and Department Chief in developing the level of patient services and the day-to-day operations of the department.
- Manages and resolves human resource, labor relations, employee, and department safety/ risk management issues.
• Minimum four (4) years of supervisory experience in ambulatory care management or other related clinical area experience.
• Minimum two (2) years as an Assistant Manager of Ambulatory Care (i.e. JC 06020)
• Completion of Kaiser Permanente Southern California Postgraduate Fellowship in Health Care Administration and two (2) years of supervisory experience.
• Bachelor's degree required.
• A current incumbent in job code 06053 (Manager II Ambulatory Care Dept) or a current incumbent in job code 06057 (Manager I Ambulatory Care Dept).
License, Certification, Registration
• Demonstrated interpersonal and communication skills; knowledge of ambulatory care practices, operations and local, state and federal regulatory standards.
• Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
• Master's degree preferred.
- This position is a Department Administrator role overseeing the Neurology and Rheumatology Departments in the San Diego Service Area.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.