The Front Line of Patient Care
Our nurse professionals embody what it means to provide the best patient interactions possible. They also advance the art and science of nursing in a patient-centered, healing environment.
Occupational Medicine NP PA BilingualLocation: San Diego, CA Additional Locations:
Otay Mesa Medical Offices 4650 Palm Ave., 4650 Palm Ave., San Diego,California, 92154
San Marcos Medical Offices 1 400 Craven Rd., 400 Craven Rd., San Marcos,California, 92069 Job Number: 771116 Date posted: 02/18/2019
- Collect subjective data (obtain history).
- Collect objective data (perform a physical exam).
- Develop an assessment (diagnosis).
- Develop and implement a management plan.
- Facilitate the referral of patients to the appropriate health facilities, agencies and resources within the
- Order pharmacologic interventions.
- Develop and implement an educational plan.
- Plan for appropriate follow-up care.
- Consistently supports compliance and the Principles of Responsibility (Kaiser Permanente's Code of Conduct) by maintaining the privacy and confidentiality of information, protecting the assets of the organization, acting with ethics and integrity, reporting non-compliance, and adhering to applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations, accreditation and licenser requirements (if applicable), and Kaiser Permanente's policies and procedures.
- Minimum one (1) year of experience unless specified by department.
- Graduate of an approved Physician Assistant Program.
License, Certification, Registration
- Current California Physician Assistant License.
- *National certification from the National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants (NCCPA)(*Must be obtained from NCCPA for initial State PA license, need not be maintained).
- National Provider Identification Number (NPI).
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) Level II.
- Preferred experience in performing occupational health physical exams
- Preferred experience performing DOT / DMV physical exams.
- Preferred experience with review lab immunization.
- Must successfully pass or have passed the bilingual test (within the last 12 months), or be active in the QBS program.
- Need to travel to all 3 sites on variable days.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
About Nursing & Physician Assistant Careers
Through professional practice and leadership, nurses at Kaiser Permanente continually advance the art and science of nursing. But we recognize that what we do is more than clinical practice. We believe that every interaction — whether it is with a patient, a colleague, a physician, or anyone else — has the potential to be extraordinary. And we find that approaching our daily routine with this in mind gives each and every action new meaning and allows us to focus on the moment, empowering us to deliver expert care.
No matter where you are in your nursing career, the size and scope of our organization means you have the resources, technology, tools, and support you need to make a lasting impact.
Physician Assistant Careers
Physician assistants play a powerful and important role in delivering high-quality, informative care. Working directly with patients, their families, colleagues, and supervising physicians, they are vital in defining the overall care experience.
Being a physician assistant at Kaiser Permanente is centered on promoting a healing environment — one that maintains a caring, comforting practice while honoring the unity of the whole patient: mind, body, and spirit.
See What People are Saying About Working at KP
Come introduce yourself to a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to meeting you in person.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs.