Making Each Interaction Extraordinary
Functioning as a liaison between our members, employer groups, providers, brokers, and internal customers, our customer service groups are the face and voice of Kaiser Permanente. They play a vital role in explaining our offerings, policies, and procedures as well as meeting the needs of our members across the country.
Operations Manager - Membership Administration (KPIF)Location: San Diego, CA Additional Locations:
Job Number: 731711 Date posted: 09/11/2018
- Actively promotes the vision and values of the CSC or MSCC Operations organization -- particularly in the areas of customer service, change management, leadership, performance levels, and results orientation. Ensures efficiency of processes and successful implementation of operational strategies.
- Budget repsonsibility includes participating in the development of the statewide budget, and for the forecasting and managing of payroll and non-payroll monthly and annual. Accountablity also includes day-to- day decision making that wil have a direct impact on the budget.
- Develops, modifies and executes company policies.
- Selects and maintains a competent, motivated and qualified staff of managers and employees, which includes interviewing, hiring, coaching, counseling, disciplining, advising, training, termination and resolution of personnel issues;responsible for increasing employee satisfaction. Coaches and develops team managers and operational staff.
- Develops and implements department goals, objectives, and performance standards.
- Works with Sr. Operations Manager in developing a strategic plan and operational goals for the department.
- Oversees and directs the work of the staff to maintain high quality of work with revenue enhancement and customer service focus by monitoring line of business performance.
- Implements policy changes that will increase member satisfaction and improve performance.
- Participates on work teams internally and externally in an effort to successfully implement strategic operational and department goals. Work teams include working w/ senior leaders.
- Ensures that all operational units are functioning effectively with inter-departmental teams to ensure all performance goals are met. Primarily responsible for the vision and the culture of the support and implementation of Labor Management partnership initiatives.
- Minimum five (5) years of supervisory or management experience in a Member Services, Health care or Customer Service Call Center or financial fields.
- Minimum five (5) years of membership management experience or other related experience.
- Bachelor's degree in business administration, health care, or related field OR four (4) years of experience in a directly related field.
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) required.
License, Certification, Registration
- Experience in managing large groups of employees in a collaborative work team environment required.
- In addition to the above required experience, working knowledge of another functional area is required.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills; excellent written, verbal and presentation skills.Must have knowledge of workforce management and forecasting as it relates to meeting budget constraints.
- Experience using mainframe and/or personal computer data base, word processing and statistical analysis software packages preferred. Use of workforce management systems, knowledge of forecasting.
- Project management capabilities.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills; excellent written and verbal skills.
- Minimum two (2) years of experience as a KP Senior Team Manager highly preferred.
About Customer Service Careers
Customer Service Careers
With over 11 million members, more than 127,000 employees, and over 40 million doctor visits a year, our customer service teams need you to come work with a wide variety of people to address concerns, resolve grievances, and educate our communities about our offerings. At Kaiser Permanente, you'll put your communication and mediation skills to work in support of excellence. We are committed to supporting you with ongoing growth, training, and development opportunities.
See What People are Saying About Working at KP
Jan 24, 2018
- Positive Outlook
- Approves of CEO
I have been working at Kaiser Permanente full-time (More than 3 years)
The best benefits I've ever had, good pay, typically intelligent leaders. I'm proud of our CEO for speaking out against potential healthcare changes that would negatively impact Americans.Full Review
Come introduce yourself to a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to meeting you in person.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs.