A Focus on Excellence
Understanding the critical importance of eye health, our optical team members provide patients with outstanding services and care.
OptometristLocation: San Diego, CA Job Number: 918892 Date posted: 12/01/2020
View Disability Accomodations
Navigating the Hiring Process
We're here to support you!
Having trouble with your account or have questions on the hiring process?
Please visit the FAQ page on our website for assistance.
Need help with your computer and browser settings?
Do you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability?
A reasonable accommodation is any modification or adjustment that enables you to fully participate in completing the following:
- Online Submissions
- Pre-Hire Assessments
- Interview Process
Please submit your accommodation request and an HR Representative will contact you.
- Graduate of a school or college of Optometry accredited by the California State Board of Optometry.
- California Certificate to use Therapeutic Pharmaceutical Agents.
- Current California license issued by the State Board of Optometry.
- National Provider Identifier (NPI) required as of May 23, 2007.
- Ability to demonstrate knowledge of and to apply the principles, theories, practices and techniques of optometric practice, including anatomy, physiology, pathology and mechanics of the human eye, visual processes and detailed knowledge of ocular pharmacology and therapeutics.
- Must be able to work evenings and Saturdays.
- May rotate to other MOB's within the Medical Center Service Area*.
- Consistently demonstrates the knowledge, skills, abilities, and behaviors necessary to provide superior and culturally sensitive service to each other, to our members, and to customers, contracted providers, and vendors.
- Completion of a one year ACOE accredited residency program.
- A hiring manager may specify Preferred Qualifications, which are desirable and above and beyond the requirements specified in the Minimum Qualifications section above.
- Please keep in mind that any such Preferred Qualifications should be job related and relevant (i.e., directly related to the duties and responsibilities described in this Job Description) and stated in non-prejudicial language.
- Saturdays required.
Bonita Medical Offices Building B, 3955 Bonita Rd., Bonita,California, 91902
Carlsbad Medical Offices, 6860 Avenida Encinas, Carlsbad,California, 92011
El Cajon Medical Offices, 250 Travelodge Dr., El Cajon,California, 92020
Escondido Medical Offices, 732 N. Broadway, Escondido,California, 92025
La Mesa Medical Offices, 8080 Parkway Dr., La Mesa,California, 91942
Otay Mesa Medical Offices, 4650 Palm Ave., San Diego,California, 92154
Vandever Medical Offices, 4405 Vandever Ave., San Diego,California, 92120
Vista Medical Offices, 780 Shadowridge Dr., Vista,California, 92083 Scheduled Weekly Hours: 1 Shift: Variable Workdays: Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri, Sat, Sun Working Hours Start: Varies Working Hours End: Varies Job Schedule: Per Diem Job Type: Standard Employee Status: Regular Employee Group/Union Affiliation: B16|AFSCME|KPASCO Job Level: Individual Contributor Job Category: Optical Services Department: Vision Essentials Travel: Yes, 100 % of the Time Kaiser Permanente is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, parental status, ancestry, disability, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information, other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or any other protected status.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
Learn About Vision Services Careers
Our focus on total health extends to one of our most important senses: our sight. As a member of our vision services team, you'll contribute to our members' comprehensive eye care and individual style by supporting them with a variety of services, including optometry, ophthalmology, optical sales, laser vision correction, intraocular lens implantation, cataract surgery, and more. Working directly with members, you'll promote vision health and a positive outlook as you contribute to our collaborative team.
From providing great medical care from trusted Kaiser Permanente Ophthalmologists and Optometrists, to supporting that with a great selection of eyewear at our Optical Centers — often in the same convenient location — our Vision Essentials team makes sure our members feel, see, and look their best.
Connect with a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to seeing you!
Join Kaiser Permanente's Talent Network
Sign up to receive information about opportunities that relate to your interests.