Making Each Interaction Extraordinary
Functioning as a liaison between our members, employer groups, providers, brokers, and internal customers, our customer service groups are the face and voice of Kaiser Permanente. They play a vital role in explaining our offerings, policies, and procedures as well as meeting the needs of our members across the country.
Regional Line of Business Department LeadLocation: San Diego, CA Additional Locations:
1800 Harrison 1800 Harrison, 1800 Harrison, Oakland,California, 94612
Kaiser Permanente Building 500 NE Multnomah St., 500 NE Multnomah St., Portland,Oregon, 97232
Marketing Sales Service and Admin 3100 Thornton, 3100 Thornton Ave., Burbank,California, 91504
Regional Office - 10 Piedmont 10 Piedmont Center, 10 Piedmont Center 3495 Piedmont Rd. NE, Atlanta,Georgia, 30305
Rockville Regional Offices 2101 E. Jefferson St., 2101 E. Jefferson St., Rockville,Maryland, 20852
Meridian - Englewood MSSA 9800 S. Meridian Blvd., 9800 S. Meridian Blvd., Englewood,Colorado, 80112 Job Number: 796134 Date posted: 05/21/2019
- The RDL, serving as the execution arm of the membership system program, will build and maintain relationships with the regional and/or LOB stakeholders. The membership platform replacement will impact numerous business functions within the regions and the RDL will need to engage with a broad cross section of the organization to identify, manage, and resolve issues that arise due to the membership system deployment, ensure that the assigned region or LOB is on track to realize the program value, and act as a strategic partner with the stakeholders to help them navigate the changes to their regional/LOB operations. The RDL will also coordinate work with operations teams and other related programs within their area of accountability to reach the programs objectives and support the deployment of the new membership platform.
- The RDL will also chair the program governance committee for their assigned area, with responsibility for creating the agendas, tracking and managing the action items that come from the meetings, and ensuring that the needs of their stakeholders are being met through partnership with the PMO, delivery, IT, and business design teams.
- The RDL will report to the Regional LOB Deployment Leader of HPPSA Program Management and Support Services, work closely with the KPMC RTL's across all the regions.
- A deep understanding of Health Plan operations and market knowledge of Kaiser Permanente's Lines of business will be crucial to the RDL's success. The scope of the MembershipConnect program will include business process, technology design, and organizational transformation components. Therefore, knowledge of the IT development lifecycle, health plan operations, and process design best practices are a requirement for this role.
- This position will be deployed to the KP MembershipConnect program for 4-5 years, working closely with the MembershipConnect RTL, with administrative reporting to HPMSS.
- Responsible for KPMC deployment in a specific region or for a line of business, serving as point of contact.
- Gains and in depth knowledge and understanding of the cutover and migration work necessary to have all the necessary data ready for their specific LOB go live.
- Acts as a strategic partner with the key stakeholders to help them navigate the changes to their operations.
- Leads program regional/line of business governance meetings.
- Develops necessary project plans and tracks status of KPMC program work activities executed in the region.
- Identifies and manages regionally or LOB specific issues and risks and escalates as necessary to program leadership.
- Provides regional program status and reports issues/risks/escalations (leveraging PMO) to the Realization Team Leader and LOB Deployment Lead.
- Establishes working relationships with the PMO and delivery staff to ensure that your stakeholders issues are being met.
- Works with Business Design to ensure that business requirements important to your stakeholders are being included in the program scope.
- Partners with the operational teams to ensure that appropriate SMEs are available for all phases of the delivery.
- Collaborates closely with regional functions/departments and national functions/departments that will be impacted by the deployment of KPMC to provide necessary resources to support deployment and cutover activities.
- Participates in operational readiness activities to support business functions within your area of focus, and ensure your stakeholders provide appropriate engagement.
- For KPMAS and KPWA, ensure alignment between regional program activities and MABA operations in support of regional membership administration transition to Shared Services.
- Possesses excellent communication skills and an ability to build trust with key partners.
- Has the ability to analyze stakeholders and develop and execute action plans for managing tough relationships.
- Possesses the ability to manage multiple sets of stakeholders, requiring keen prioritization skills, focus on delivering on commitments, and an ability to change gears/topics quickly.
- Works with the program teams to orchestrate contacts between the program and regional/LOB staff in a way minimizes the impacts on their day to day operations, yet enables the program to move forward in a timely manner.
- Communicates effectively at all levels of the organization and comfortable managing conversations with senior executives.
- Exhibits a keen awareness of interpersonal dynamics and builds extremely effective working relationships.
- Driven to solve problems even when it seems impossible to do so, with an ability to rally others to the cause to get things done.
- Helps ensure that the business value goals of the program are met and demonstrable in the assigned area of accountability, region or line of business.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
About Customer Service Careers
Customer Service Careers
With over 11 million members, more than 127,000 employees, and over 40 million doctor visits a year, our customer service teams need you to come work with a wide variety of people to address concerns, resolve grievances, and educate our communities about our offerings. At Kaiser Permanente, you'll put your communication and mediation skills to work in support of excellence. We are committed to supporting you with ongoing growth, training, and development opportunities.
See What People are Saying About Working at KP
Sep 16, 2018
"Great place to spend a work day"
- Positive Outlook
- Approves of CEO
I have been working at Kaiser Permanente full-time (More than a year)
Friendly professional people who share insights and work together for improvements and success. Excellent pay and good employee recognition programs.Full Review
Come introduce yourself to a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to meeting you in person.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs.