Respiratory Care Practitioner
Navigating the Hiring Process
We're here to support you!
Having trouble with your account or have questions on the hiring process?
Please visit the FAQ page on our website for assistance.
Need help with your computer and browser settings?
Do you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability?
A reasonable accommodation is any modification or adjustment that enables you to fully participate in completing the following:
- Online Submissions
- Pre-Hire Assessments
- Interview Process
Please submit your accommodation request and an HR Representative will contact you.
- Upholds Kaiser Permanente's Policies and Procedures, Principles of Responsibilities and applicable state, federal and local laws.
- Complies with organizational rules, policies and procedures pertaining to Accreditation and Licensing (e.g., TJC, CAC Title 22, Safety, Infection Control, etc.).
- Treats all patients in accordance with the Patient's Bill of Rights; maintains the privacy and confidentiality of both members and employees with regards to medical records and communication regarding disease, conditions and status.
- Provides direct/indirect care and service to patient/member groups (neonatal, pediatric and adult ages and classifications).
- Demonstrates an understanding of the cognitive, physical, emotional and chronological maturation process in delivering services to patients of the age group served.
- Participates in patient care rounds as an active member of the critical care team.
- Maintains knowledge of admitting diagnosis and pulmonary pathophysiology for assigned patients; performs patient assessment and provides appropriate therapy.
- Evaluates and utilizes clinical data.
- Evaluates and documents patient response to all respiratory therapy.
- Provides treatment services such as: oxygen therapy, aerosol therapy and humidification, mechanical ventilation and physiotherapy and emergency cardiopulmonary resuscitation.
- Provides assessment of patient's condition including obtaining a brief respiratory history, auscultation of the chest by stethoscope and performing spirometry, recording findings in the patient's chart.
- Draws arterial blood from patient for blood gas analysis.
- Maintains and operates blood gas analyzers.
- Transports patients requiring respiratory assistance.
- Transports may be made within the medical center or to other medical center locations.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Promotes, ensures, and improves customer service to internal/external customers by demonstrating skills which are consistent with the organization's philosophy. KP Service Standards: Follows established service standards as set forth in LMP's ABC's. That is, Take Initiative, Take Responsibility, Take Care, and Take Pride. Demonstrate compliance in all above four areas. Examples: make a positive first impression, protect patient privacy and confidentiality, assume ownership, resolve conflict, show respect, maintain your environment, and support your team.
- Assume other activities and responsibilities from time to time as directed.
- Registered Respiratory Therapist or Registry eligible with one year current experience.
- Per the National Agreement, current KP Coalition employees have this experience requirement waived.
- Graduate of a 2- year Respiratory Care Accrediting Board (RCAB) approved school of Respiratory Care.
- Valid and current CA Respiratory Care Practitioner license.
- CPR or American Heart Association approved BLS.
Kaiser Permanente is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, parental status, ancestry, disability, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information, other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or any other protected status. Submit Interest