Driving Care Initiatives
From designing and leading complex programs to analyzing and translating business capabilities into powerful solutions, your expertise helps shape the future of health care.
Senior Clinical Analysis Consultant - Emergency DepartmentLocation: San Diego, CA Additional Locations:
Job Number: 720064 Date posted: 07/29/2018
Provides high quality and cost effective analytical consulting and support, and projectmanagement. Responsible for defining and analyzing data needed to support leadership decision making and for leading projects to provide reporting and quantitative analysis of data for clinical quality improvement initiatives. Has sole responsibility for large complex analytical projects.
- Leads, makes significant contributions, and/or provides analytical leadership to high visibility clinical quality measurement and improvement projects to identify and analyze issues of strategic importance to the organization.
- Responsible for development of strategies to implement internally and externally defined quality metrics and for conducting/directing analyses to support improvingmeasure results.
- Works with management team sponsors to define goals, analytical questions, and analysis/reporting plan; interfaces regularly with senior management to produce timelyand valuable results.
- Designs and conducts plans for data gathering, analysis and reporting; conducts or gives direction to quantitative and qualitative analyses of data to identify and explainclinical quality issues.
- Participates significantly in interpreting analysis; produces or oversees development of reports/presentations for senior executives and other key clients.
- Participates in developing and implementing performance improvement plans accordingly.
- Establishes analytical project team membership and negotiates time commitments and resources.
- Provides staff leadership to project teams, as well as manages work of outside consultants when needed.
- Assists, as needed, in planning and coordinating with other ongoing teams and projects to maximize effectiveness.
- Participates in the development and management of the department, including coaching, recruiting, conducting performance reviews for consultants/analysts, and other departmental activities.
- Minimum five (5) years of experience in analytical project consulting.
- Master's degree in a quantitative social science field, biostatistics, epidemiology, or public health, OR six (6) years experience in a directly related field.
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) required.
License, Certification, Registration
- Demonstrated ability to determine the key analytical questions and develop and conduct appropriate analytical plans.
- Proven leadership skills in project management.
- Proficient in data reporting or analysis software (e.g., Excel, Access, Crystal/Business Objects, Cognos, SPSS, SAS).
- Must exhibit efficiency, collaboration, and candor, openness, and results orientation.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the operations of KP, health policy trends, and any applicable regulations related to the responsible technical area.
- Must be able to work in a Labor Management Partnership environment.
- Proficient in Data visualization software (i.e., TABLEAU)
- Proficient in reading and writing SQL: Oracle environment preferred)
- Demonstrate and understanding of Electronic Medical Record operation and Data Structure (EPIC Preferred)
About Consulting Services & Project/program Management (non-it) Careers
Consulting Services & Project/program Management (non-it) Careers
These careers consist of Program and Project Managers, Business Consultants, Business Analysts, and Data Analysts who all work together to effect positive organizational change from the inside out.
Join our talented team and make a difference through performing business analysis, developing business cases, providing client support during system development and implementation, managing projects, or by leading complex programs with multiple work streams.
See What People are Saying About Working at KP
Jan 24, 2018
- Positive Outlook
- Approves of CEO
I have been working at Kaiser Permanente full-time (More than 3 years)
The best benefits I've ever had, good pay, typically intelligent leaders. I'm proud of our CEO for speaking out against potential healthcare changes that would negatively impact Americans.Full Review
Come introduce yourself to a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to meeting you in person.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs.