Sterile Processing Department Instrument Tech II
Navigating the Hiring Process
We're here to support you!
Having trouble with your account or have questions on the hiring process?
Please visit the FAQ page on our website for assistance.
Need help with your computer and browser settings?
Do you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability?
A reasonable accommodation is any modification or adjustment that enables you to fully participate in completing the following:
- Online Submissions
- Pre-Hire Assessments
- Interview Process
Please submit your accommodation request and an HR Representative will contact you.
Under indirect supervision, provides a product that has been made safe and or sterile for patient care. Decontaminates, disinfect, prepare, sterilize, store and distribute medical instruments, linen, equipment, medical supplies. Pick and assemble case carts. Disinfects, stores and distributes durable medical equipment. Maintains responsibility for assigned area. Operates washer / sterilizers, washers/decontaminators, Gas, Stasrred and Steam sterilizers. Performs Bowie Dick and biological testing and maintains accurate records. Uses SPM, Case Cart, Mainframe, MMS and other related software programs daily. Responds to telephone and computer requests per department policy. Maintaining high standards of the medical center by adhering to local, regional, Infection Control and Regulatory agencies. To coordinate with all service departments' adequate supplies and equipment for day-to-day operations, while promoting safety by using good mechanics and Universal Precautions.
- Picks up contaminated supplies and equipment according to aseptic standards and returns: Sterile Processing.
- Disassembles, and cleans or decontaminates medical instruments, supplies and equipment.
- Use approved disinfectants, detergents and ultrasound cleaning.
- Assembles, inspects, tests, wraps and dates medical instruments, supplies and equipment.
- Use such guides as illustrated in manuals or lists aseptically: notifies manager of needed repairs.
- Properly loads and operates EtO, Steam Steris and Sterrad sterilizers.
- Performs biological testing and maintains accurate biological and sterilization records.
- Biological testing on Sterrads.
- Make own test ampules while observing sterile technique.
- Stages and provides delivery of processed items to user departments.
- Manages (DME) inventory tracking using SPM.
- Maintains inventory of items within the department using Event Related concepts.
- Operating Room Case Schedule, reviews, analyzes and determines preference sheets to be utilized.
- Promotes, ensures and improves customer service to internal/external customers by demonstrating skills which are consistent with the organization's philosophy of providing extraordinary customer relations and quality services.
- Performs inter-shift report.
- Maintains a clean and safe work environment.
- Reports any equipment problems to supervisor.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
• High school diploma or equivalent.
License, Certification, Registration
• Certified Registered Central Service Tech Certification (CRCST) at time of hire or a minimum one (1) year of recent SPD Tech
experience within the last three (3) years AND CRCST must be obtained within ninety (90) days of hire or successful completion of an
SPD Training Program and attainment of the CRCST Certification within ninety (90) days of hire.
• Knowledge of surgical instruments for all Surgical Services.
• Able to run HiVac sterilizer, ultrasound and washer sterilizer, disinfector, and gravity displacement autoclaves.
• Legible writing, strong verbal skills and computer skills.
- Must be available 4 days a week minimum.
- This position also will be responsible for High Level Disinfection of Flexible Endoscope and TEE Probes.
Kaiser Permanente is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, parental status, ancestry, disability, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information, other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or any other protected status. Submit Interest