Employee Development Starts With You
Our employees depend on our education and training professionals to foster their growth and professional development — helping to ensure we continue providing world-class care.
Training Operations, IntermediateLocation: San Diego, CA Additional Locations:
Job Number: 850949 Date posted: 01/23/2020
Supports the training manager on the technical and non-technical subject matter. Develops and implements training programs. Ensures measurements are in place to validate training accuracy, comprehension, and effectiveness of training. Interacts with various management teams to ensure ongoing staff development. Coaches and mentors training coordinators. Develops processes and procedures based on findings, recommendations and management approval for the appropriate department and/or business unit. Ensures familiarity with all systems, regulatory, policy and procedure changes and external factors relating to training. Provides feedback to the training manager regarding the development and implementation of strategies to track and communicate the success of quality improvement and training efforts. Ensures training standards are being met by training coordinators. Responsible for becoming product expert by taking the initiative and getting hands-on experience in relevant curriculum applications.
- Full use of application of standard principles, theories, and techniques.
- Uses professional concepts and company policies and procedures to solve a wide range of difficult problems in imaginative and practical ways.
- Minimum three (3) years of experience in role/position.
- Bachelor's degree in related field OR four (4) years of experience in a directly related field.
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) required.
License, Certification, Registration
- Intermediate competency in MS Applications and KP technologies.
- Able to discuss mission, vision and objectives within own department and unit.
- Describes company philosophy, culture and history.
- Discusses the roles and responsibilities of major business units and department's operating principles and practices.
- Able to identify and discuss key players, key issues and strategies.
- Must be able to work in a Labor-Management Partnership environment.
- Minimum one (1) year of experience in content development, facilitation and training preferred.
- Familiar with reporting and data analysis.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Healthcare experience preferred.
- Training certification preferred but not required
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
About Education & Training Careers
Careers In Education & Training
Our education and training teams dedicate their attention to the ongoing development of our many health and business professionals to improve the overall performance of the organization. Work includes identifying training needs, designing learning strategies, defining instructional courses, and harboring an ongoing commitment to leadership development, organizational effectiveness, and instructional management.
See What People are Saying About Working at KP
Mar 26, 2019
"The best job I have ever had!"
- Positive Outlook
- Approves of CEO
I have been working at Kaiser Permanente full-time for more than a year
Real focus on creating higher quality, more affordable healthcare. Talented coworkers and great mentors. Fabulous benefits.Full Review
Come introduce yourself to a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to meeting you in person.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs.