Employee Development Starts With You
Our employees depend on our education and training professionals to foster their growth and professional development — helping to ensure we continue providing world-class care.
Clinical Health Educator I - Grade 586 (Bilingual Spanish)Location: San Francisco, CA Job Number: 696382 Date posted: 05/17/2018
- Assesses patients educational needs on a individual and/or group basis in consultation with members of the PCT and to apply this assessment to designing educational interventions
- Conducts brief disease management, lifestyle, and health risk counseling with patients and family members one-to one
- Promotes prevention and self-care strategies
- Coordinates, facilitates, and evaluates group visits for disease management, prevention, and self-care education
- Identifies health education needs of the PCT and provide consultation to team members on education, behavior change skills, and strategies
- Selects and recommends appropriate educational materials in conjunction with the Facility Health Education Department
- Provides linkage to and from the Facility Health Education Department
- Arranges referrals to appropriate Kaiser Permanente and Community services
- Provides and promotes culturally appropriate interventions
- Collects and prepares reports and documentation as needed for planning and quality assurance
- This job has no supervisory responsibilities
Kaiser Permanente is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, parental status, ancestry, disability, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information, other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or any other protected status.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances. Submit Interest
About Education & Training Careers
Careers In Education & Training
Our education and training teams dedicate their attention to the ongoing development of our many health and business professionals to improve the overall performance of the organization. Work includes identifying training needs, designing learning strategies, defining instructional courses, and harboring an ongoing commitment to leadership development, organizational effectiveness, and instructional management.
See What People are Saying About Working at KP
Jan 24, 2018
- Positive Outlook
- Approves of CEO
I have been working at Kaiser Permanente full-time (More than 3 years)
The best benefits I've ever had, good pay, typically intelligent leaders. I'm proud of our CEO for speaking out against potential healthcare changes that would negatively impact Americans.Full Review
Come introduce yourself to a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to meeting you in person.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs.