Employee Development Starts With You
Our employees depend on our education and training professionals to foster their growth and professional development — helping to ensure we continue providing world-class care.
Health Educator Instructor FitnessLocation: San Francisco, CA Additional Locations:
San Francisco Mission Bay Medical Offices, 1600 Owens St., San Francisco,California, 94158 Job Number: 878296 Date posted: 03/24/2020
Conducts health education classes using basic to moderately difficult or varied curriculum designed for the improvement of health of Kaiser members and non-members. May conduct classes of various health related topics.
- Teaches and models self-management skills, concepts, resources and tools related to health, lifestyle change and behavior modification to class participants.
- Assists participants in developing specific behavioral goals.
- Provides individual instruction and counseling as needed.
- Assesses needs of class participants and modifies class content or teaching methods to meet those needs.
- Applies evidence-based education techniques in teaching methods.
- Answers questions and provides class participants with appropriate resources of information.
- Arranges and coordinates room set-up, availability of materials and audio/visual equipment.
- Maintains records of training activities including attendance rosters, homework assignments, class evaluations and timesheets or phone TIME system.
- Administers and collects class evaluation forms and class fees.
- Conducts follow-up phones calls to participants including those who missed sessions to determine reason for absence, monitor progress of participants and answer related questions.
- Completes required continuous training and education such as those related to workplace safety, legal and regulatory compliance, accreditation and licenser requirements and department specific requirements.
- Maintains and promotes knowledge and utilization of resources related to health, lifestyle change and behavior modification offered by Kaiser Permanente and through the community.
- Minimum one (1) year of experience teaching classes or conducting training programs.
- Bachelor's degree OR four (4) years of experience in a directly related field to field of course instruction.
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) required.
License, Certification, Registration
- Licensed or professional credentials or certification in the field as appropriate to the course instruction.
- Must possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to function independently and exercise professional judgment.
- Demonstrated skills in teaching techniques and presentation.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and facilitate diverse groups of people with understanding of group dynamics.
- Demonstrated knowledge of adult learning theory and group process.
- Basic knowledge of health concepts, preventive health care and behavior change.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
About Education & Training Careers
Careers In Education & Training
Our education and training teams dedicate their attention to the ongoing development of our many health and business professionals to improve the overall performance of the organization. Work includes identifying training needs, designing learning strategies, defining instructional courses, and harboring an ongoing commitment to leadership development, organizational effectiveness, and instructional management.
See What People are Saying About Working at KP
January 11, 2020
- Positive Outlook
- Approves of CEO
I have been working at Kaiser Permanente full-time for more than a year
Interesting and challenging projects, excellent benefits, awesome co-workers, and ability to work from homeFull Review
Come introduce yourself to a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to meeting you in person.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs.