Realize the Potential Inside You
Work one-on-one with patients, family members, physicians, clinicians, and specialists to play an active role in the diagnostic and care delivery process. Leveraging the power of the latest technologies and advancements, you'll be supported and encouraged to realize your potential.
Invasive Cardiovascular Specialist - Grade 851Location: San Francisco, CA Additional Locations:
Job Number: 757951 Date posted: 05/17/2019
- Performs specialized & routine diagnostic & interventional radiology procedures.
- Assists qualified physicians in fluoroscopic & special x-ray examinations.
- Records, stores, retrieves, & analyzes data obtained during procedures.
- Monitors the patient to recognize changes in ECG rhythm & pressure, document & immediately communicates to the corresponding physician.
- Assists w/ procedures, ensuring maximum compliance to principles of aseptic technique by self & members of the team.
- Provides imaging during procedures.
- Completes documentation, reports & data entry on computerized exams.
- Maintains & evaluates equipment, performs quality control tests, troubleshoots & performs minor repairs as needed.
- Sets-up, maintains & monitors IABP equipment.
- Acts as preceptor or assist in the training of new staff as well as functions as the department resource person.
- Identifies continuous quality improvement issues & assist w/ quality assurance program.
- Complies w/ requirements for being on off-hour stand-by coverage for emergent cardiac catheterization in dedicated cath labs or cadiac catheterization & interventional radiology procedures.
- Reports for call duty within defined time frames.
- Functions independently & autonomously when on stand-by duty.
- Demonstrates & applies knowledge in specialty area & takes responsibility to maintain necessary knowledge, skills & abilities.
- Completes required continuous training & education, including department specific requirements.
- Complies w/ established personal protective equipment requirements necessary for protection against exposure to blood & other potentially infectious body fluids, chemical disinfectants, radiation, asbestos, & other hazardous substances.
- Demonstrates knowledge & skills necessary to provide age appropriate care to patients served within the unit.
- Performs hemodynamic & dysrhythmia monitoring & documentation of procedures, which may include, but is not limited to the following: Right heart cath, Left heart cath, Coronary angiography, Graft angiography, Pulmonary angiography, Menthegine provocation study, IHSS studies, Temporary pacemakers, Permanent pacemaker implantation, Intra-aortic Balloon insertion, Aortic stenosis studies, Valvuloplasties, Patent Foreman Ovale Closures, Intravascular Ultrasounds, Rotablations.
- Operates & troubleshoots hemodynamic computer systems including transducer balancing digital imaging transfer, storage, & retrieval systems in addition to dispensing patient CDs to appropriate Hospitals & Physicians.
- Familiarity w/ the Crash Cart & the CVT/Invasive Cardiovascular Specialist role in CPR & defibrillation during a Code Blue situation.
- Responsible for Quality Control on radiology imaging equipment.
- Weekly Fluoroscopy checks & radiation protection for the medical staff & Physicians.
- Responsible for monthly statistics & quarterly film badge rotation.
- Assists the RN w/ admission process; continuously monitors & assists the physician & RNs during cardiac cath in dedicated cath labs or cardiac cath & interventional radiology procedures.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Graduate of an Accredited School of Radiologic Technology.
- Completion of sixteen (16) week training program in cardiopulmonary technology upon hire.
- Must possess current BLS, ACLS, and California Fluoroscopy Permit.
- Must possess a current CRT license.
- Knowledge of contrast media (ionic vs. nonionic).
- Knowledge of coronary artery anatomy and cardiac physiology in relation to invasive cardiac procedures.
- Demonstrated competence with critical thinking, interpersonal, and technical skills.
- For a dedicated cath lab, demonstrated proficiency and competency in performing Cardiac Cath and PCI, within six (6) months of hire.
- For a combo lab, demonstrated proficiency and competency in performing Cardiac Cath, PCI and Interventional procedures, within six (6) months of hire.
- Ability to perform all general diagnostic and routine fluoroscopic duties on patients of all ages as determined by employer.
- Excellent verbal, written and non-verbal communication skills.
- History of providing efficient, high quality service to patients in a courteous, caring manner and interacting effectively with co-workers in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
About Imaging & Radiology Careers
Imaging & Radiology Careers
Do the best work of your career as you collaborate with colleagues and participate in continued learning and professional achievement opportunities. With a range of specialty areas in which to focus — from mammography to MRI, cardiac cath lab to ultrasound — and a variety of different scheduling options, there is plenty of room for you to grow — from technologist, to manager, and beyond — in our supportive environment.
See What People are Saying About Working at KP
Come introduce yourself to a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to meeting you in person.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs.