Lic. Masters Mental Health Prof. Adult
Navigating the Hiring Process
We're here to support you!
Having trouble with your account or have questions on the hiring process?
Please visit the FAQ page on our website for assistance.
Need help with your computer and browser settings?
Do you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability?
A reasonable accommodation is any modification or adjustment that enables you to fully participate in completing the following:
- Online Submissions
- Pre-Hire Assessments
- Interview Process
Please submit your accommodation request and an HR Representative will contact you.
- Master's degree in Social Work, Social Welfare from a clinical track, Clinical or Counseling Psychology or related field required from an accredited college or university.
- Valid Licensed Clinical Social Worker, Licensed Marriage Family Therapist in the State of California or Licensed Professional Clinical Counselor (must meet couples and families requirement or complete within two (2) years of hire) with the State of California approval by the Board of Behavioral Science.
- Must have a National Provider Identifier (NPI) or obtain NPI, prior to employment start date.
- Must be familiar with DSM-V as a means of diagnosis.
- Has experience in assessing, diagnosing and treating a broad range of psychiatric conditions.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Knowledge of social service agencies, state regulations, and professional board standards as is related to member treatment, patient rights, and member/patient confidentiality.
- May be required to participate in the department on-call rotation.
- Knowledge of Evidence-Based Practice and psychotherapy research methods.
- Knowledge of the bio-psycho-social functions that contribute to mental health.
- Accuracy in diagnosing patients and developing effective treatment plans.
- Competence in individual, family and group psychotherapy.
- Professional maturity and ethical integrity necessary for assuming professional responsibilities.
- Commitment to quality of service, teamwork, and participation in a highly interactive multidisciplinary clinic.
- Ability to complete multiple tasks/objectives in a timely manner.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
- Previous post license, experience as a member of a psychiatric treatment team in an outpatient or inpatient setting/program under licensed supervision.
- Previous clinical responsibility to include crisis intervention, individual and group psychotherapy.
- Demonstrated professional maturity and ethical integrity necessary for assuming professional responsibilities, preferred.
- Demonstrated commitment to quality of service, teamwork, and participation in a highly interactive multidisciplinary clinic, preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to complete multiple tasks/objectives in a timely manner, preferred.
- Accuracy in diagnosing patients and developing effective treatment plans, preferred.
- Competence in individual, family and group psychotherapy, preferred.
This position supports Kaiser Permanente's code of conduct and compliance by adhering to all laws and regulations, accreditation and licensure requirements, and internal policies and procedures. Kaiser Permanente is proud to be an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.