Realize the Potential Inside You
Work one-on-one with patients, family members, physicians, clinicians, and specialists to play an active role in the diagnostic and care delivery process. Leveraging the power of the latest technologies and advancements, you'll be supported and encouraged to realize your potential.
Rad Technologist Lead - MAMMOLocation: San Francisco, CA Additional Locations:
San Francisco Mission Bay Medical Offices, 1600 Owens St., San Francisco,California, 94158 Job Number: 774440 Date posted: 03/27/2019
- Performs specialized & routine diagnostic radiology procedures
- Exhibiting a high degree of tact, courtesy, & poise, explains procedures to patient to reduce anxieties & obtain patient cooperation
- Prepares & positions patient for diagnostic imaging procedures
- Adjusts immobilization devices to obtain optimum views of specified area of body requested by physician
- Determines exposure factors based on height, weight, portion of body involved, & degree on penetration required
- Moves imaging equipment into specified position
- Adjusts equipment controls to set exposure factors & produce images of proper detail, density, & accuracy
- Operates mobile radiologic equipment in operating room, emergency room, or at patient's bedside
- Assists radiologists & other qualified physicians who have a valid CA DHS RHB Supervisor Operator Permit for Fluoroscopy in fluoroscopic & special x-ray examinations
- Prepares images for reading by radiologist or requesting physician
- Processes images & reviews for proper identification & quality control
- Performs routine maintenance, diagnoses malfunctions, & makes minor repairs on radiologic equipment, arranging for repairs as needed
- Practices radiation protection techniques to minimize radiation to patient & staff
- Completes forms & maintains records, logs, & reports of work performed
- Orients new hires & trains students
- Fills in as necessary in the absence of the Supervising Radiology Technologist
- Performs other related duties as necessary
- This job has no supervisory responsibilities
License, Certification, Registration
- California State Fluoroscopy Permit.
- BLS certification is required.
- ACLS when required for the position.
- CA Mammography Certificate, when required for the position
- (2) Rad Techs without venipuncture certification, working in a Modality where venipuncture is NOT performed: Rad Techs working on or before Oct 2005 at KP WITHOUT a California venipuncture certification in a Modality where it is NOT performed as part of their work assignment will not be required to obtain it. For promotions, transfers or training in a Specialty that requires venipuncture, the Tech must obtain CA venipuncture certification on or before the date of application. The employer will provide the Tech with education opportunities in order to pass the CA permit test at the Tech's request.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to write simple correspondence.
- Ability to effectively present info in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Must be willing to work in a LMP environment.
- Also refer to Position Specs outlined in the approp collective bargaining agreement.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
About Imaging & Radiology Careers
Imaging & Radiology Careers
Do the best work of your career as you collaborate with colleagues and participate in continued learning and professional achievement opportunities. With a range of specialty areas in which to focus — from mammography to MRI, cardiac cath lab to ultrasound — and a variety of different scheduling options, there is plenty of room for you to grow — from technologist, to manager, and beyond — in our supportive environment.
See What People are Saying About Working at KP
Apr 17, 2019
"I love my job"
- Positive Outlook
I have been working at Kaiser Permanente part-time for more than 2 years
I’ve waited to get in to Kaiser for so long and now that I’m in, I’d never let go. I love people that i work with (although just like any other jobs, it has it’s highs and lows), i love my patients, pay is great and benefits are awesome!! Definitely 1 of the highest paying hospitals in the region.Full Review
Come introduce yourself to a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to meeting you in person.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs.