The Front Line of Patient Care
Our nurse professionals embody what it means to provide the best patient interactions possible. They also advance the art and science of nursing in a patient-centered, healing environment.
Nurse Practitioner II - Pre Surgical Optimization ClinicLocation: San Francisco, CA Additional Locations:
San Francisco 2425 Geary Hospital 2425 Geary Blvd., 2425 Geary Blvd., San Francisco,California, 94115
San Francisco 350 St. Josephs 350 St Josephs Ave., 350 St Josephs Ave., San Francisco,California, 94115
San Francisco 4141 Geary Medical Offices 4141 Gear, 4141 Geary Blvd., San Francisco,California, 94118 Job Number: 852981 Date posted: 01/29/2020
- Practices under the standard procedure established for the NP role consistent with Kaiser Permanente policy and in accordance with requirement set forth by the California Board of Registered Nursing.
- Conducts age appropriate assessments of patients, including history taking and physical examination consistent with department protocol.
- Performs assessment/data collection in an on-going systematic manner, focusing on physiologic, psychosocial, cultural, spiritual and cognitive status, patient/family education, family involvement, and patient advocacy.
- Consults with supervising physician or other clinicians as dictated by patient need and assessment findings.
- Participates with physicians and other clinicians in the department to assure effective patient care consistent with quality indicators for patients cared for in the designated service.
- Reviews medical record for follow up or ordering of diagnostic studies under established protocols.
- Establishes and maintains communication with other health care providers and departments to ensure operational efficiency and effectiveness and to promote consistency and continuity of care.
- Establishes effective working relationships with members of the health care team, patients, and families.
- Acknowledges staff rights and cultural and ethical beliefs.
- Delegates appropriately and coordinates duties/activities of health care team members.
- Evaluates effectiveness of care given by team members.
- Demonstrates knowledge of and applies safety principles as identified by the institution. - Performs efficiently in emergency situations following established protocols, remaining calm, informing appropriate persons, and documenting events.
- Demonstrates responsibility and accountability for own professional practice.
- Participates regularly in staff development activities for unit and department personnel. - Demonstrates knowledge of legal issues, including patient confidentiality and risk management in all aspects of patient care and unit functioning.
- Participates in unit and department Performance Improvement activities.
- Participates in nursing research activities as requested.
- Identifies and solves problems effectively.
- Demonstrates a service philosophy in all interactions with patients, families, and all members of the health care team.
- Demonstrates proficiency in the use of computers and telecommunication modalities to document, track and convey information.
- If practicing in a specialty role, fulfills the expectations established for the particular role.
- Perform other related duties as necessary.
- This job has no supervisory responsibility.
- Minimum of six (6) months of experience as a nurse practitioner. See job duties for specific experience requirements for specialty services.
- One (1) year of experience within the past three (3) years as a NP providing care for patients undergoing surgical procedures and/or those who have undergone surgical/invasive procedures.
- RN First Assist experience required if assisting with surgical procedures. If only caring for specific patient population of adult or pediatrics then Acute Adult NP or Acute Pediatric NP required.
- Master's degree in nursing (unless already a Kaiser Permantente employee who was 'grandfathered in' prior to California Business and Professions Code requirement in January 1, 2008).
- Completion of master's program in Adult NP, Family Practice NP, Acute Care NP or Pediatric NP required: Adult, Family or Acute NP if practice limited to adults; Family or Pedi NP if practice limited to pediatric patients.
- Must meet credentialing requirements established for nurse practitioners within the Kaiser system (National Certification from one of the following organizations: American Academy of Nurse Practitioners, American Credentialing Center, National Certification Corporation for Obstetric, Gynecologic and Neonatal Nursing Specialties if working in obstetrics, gynecologic or neonatal specialties, and National Certification Board of Pediatric Nurse Practitioners and Nurses if working in pediatrics.
- Current California RN/NP License with California BRN issued Furnishing Number.
- Current BLS required.
- Must have a NPI and meet Medicare requirements for PTAN (Provider Transaction Account Number).
- Current DEA if required for specialty.
- Depending on the particular specialty, ACLS and/or NALS and/or PALS or PEARS may also be required for the position.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
About Nursing & Physician Assistant Careers
Through professional practice and leadership, nurses at Kaiser Permanente continually advance the art and science of nursing. But we recognize that what we do is more than clinical practice. We believe that every interaction — whether it is with a patient, a colleague, a physician, or anyone else — has the potential to be extraordinary. And we find that approaching our daily routine with this in mind gives each and every action new meaning and allows us to focus on the moment, empowering us to deliver expert care.
No matter where you are in your nursing career, the size and scope of our organization means you have the resources, technology, tools, and support you need to make a lasting impact.
Physician Assistant Careers
Physician assistants play a powerful and important role in delivering high-quality, informative care. Working directly with patients, their families, colleagues, and supervising physicians, they are vital in defining the overall care experience.
Being a physician assistant at Kaiser Permanente is centered on promoting a healing environment — one that maintains a caring, comforting practice while honoring the unity of the whole patient: mind, body, and spirit.
See What People are Saying About Working at KP
Come introduce yourself to a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to meeting you in person.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs.